1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Unable to switch to H.264

By @Terenzeus
    2023-05-21 17:43:38.115Zassigned to
    • @cghague
    • 3 replies
    1. C

Hi @Terenzeus, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble switching to H.264.

I’ve looked through the logs you provided but it isn’t clear exactly what the problem is. Could you please provide more detail and context? For example, whether you see any error messages, if the default MJPEG mode works, what you’ve tried so far, and so on. This will help us to determine how best to investigate the issue.

1. T
        In reply toTerenzeus:
        Mohammed Awad @tempassword
          2023-05-30 17:52:59.391Z

I'm having the same issue! https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/Ea5bvQ8b

I have tried several things. Different amounts, different computers.

I think it might be something to do with the video processor on that specific computer? (Don't know shooting in the dark)

1. Hi Mohammed, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you’re also having issues with H.264 video.

I’ve reviewed the logs you provided and everything looks normal, so we’ll need to investigate further. Can you please tell me a little bit more about your configuration? For example, are the TinyPilot device and the client on the same local network, are you using a service such as Tailscale, which browser are you using, and what you’ve tried/seen so far when trying to enable H.264?