No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Tinypilot wont complete update

By Jeff Voogt @jmvoogt
    2023-05-31 01:43:50.645Z

Hello, I have a tinypilot pro, that isnt completing the update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4

Here is a link to the log file: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GDtZJMb0

please let me know how to resolve.

Thank you!

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2023-05-31 07:32:20.913Z

Hi @jmvoogt, I'm sorry that your TinyPilot isn't updating correctly.

And thanks for sharing those logs - I can see that your software update is failing when trying to update TinyPilot's streaming service. We might be able to fix this viassh.

However, I think the best option here is to reflash your SD card if you can. TinyPilot Pro 2.5.4 is the final update available for TinyPilot systems running Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Raspian) Buster (which includes your TinyPilot).

By re-flashing your SD card with TinyPilot Pro 2.5.4, you will also update your base operating system to the latest version - which allows for updates beyond TinyPilot Pro 2.5.4 once we release them. I understand it's inconvenient to update the base operating system. However, if you wanted to update past 2.5.4 in the future, you would need to re-flash eventually.

Hope this helps, please let me know which option you'd prefer!

1. J
        In reply tojmvoogt:
        Jeff Voogt @jmvoogt
          2023-05-31 12:45:52.954Z

Hey @david,

I can just flash the SD card, could you please send instructions and the image to flash?

Thank you!

1. David @david2023-06-01 00:40:10.013Z

Sure! Our guide to re-flashing your SD card is here. To download the TinyPilot Pro image, you'll need to use the download page where you'll enter your order number and email address.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.