No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Updating Failing

By @RizzleQ
    2023-06-14 23:14:11.438Z

Hi, I'm trying to update and it keeps failing with the following message:

The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

I first thought it was due to read-only mode, so I turned that off. Update still fails. Here is the link to my logs pulled after the latest failure: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/j1mZJLU6

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solved in post #6, click to view
    • 5 replies
    1. @fft2023-06-15 04:27:13.891Z

Hi @RizzleQ,
      I personally would do a factory reset, if you have physical access to the machine. See here how to do this
      https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/factory-reset
      After the reset, you have to re-configure every personal setting again, so if you have done many, it might be better to look for a smarter way if possible, but the reset is fairly easy and will definitely solve this problem.
      thanks
      Juergen

1. R@RizzleQ
          2023-06-16 19:44:01.299Z

Thanks for the reply, @fft.

The factory reset page says those instructions apply only to TinyPilot Pro. Updates were only free for a year. My year ended a while ago, so wouldn't that mean updates are failing because of that?

The error is a bit cryptic to me. Are the words "tinypilot-privileged/update" implying I don't have said privilege? (Haven't renewed Pro yet?)

1. David @david2023-06-19 11:34:17.716Z

Hi @RizzleQ, sorry that you're running into this update issue.

From your logs, this definitely looks like a filesystem corruption issue (some of the software versions aren't listed for example, which is common for this type of issue).

The error is a bit cryptic to me. Are the words "tinypilot-privileged/update" implying I don't have said privilege? (Haven't renewed Pro yet?)

tinypilot-privileged is just the directory where TinyPilot's update command is. It's not implying anything about your Pro license.

If your license expired, you can renew your 1-year license from our website. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and bugfixes and priority support. As a small company, we rely on license renewals to help fund software developments, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!

If you'd rather not renew, I can send you an email with a link to the latest image you qualify for so that you can re-flash your SD card and get back up and running.

Please let me know which option you'd prefer.

ReplySolution
            1. R@RizzleQ
                2023-06-20 21:46:08.191Z

Thanks for the detailed reply, @david.

I've renewed my license, downloaded the latest version and I'm now back up on my Voyager running the latest version (2.5.4). All good for now!

1. David @david2023-06-21 11:02:38.308Z

You're welcome! I'm glad you're back up and running. And thanks so much again for supporting us by renewing your license.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions.

2. Progress
            with handling this problem
          3. R@RizzleQ marked this topic as Planned 2023-06-15 22:04:40.929Z.
          4. R@RizzleQ marked this topic as New 2023-06-16 19:47:03.076Z.