No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Error in updating to from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4

By John Sikora @johnsikora
    2023-08-12 14:09:25.377Z

Getting the following error message when trying to do the update

The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/BWRW5sg0

Solved in post #3, click to view
    • 4 replies
    1. @fft2023-08-14 06:43:14.778Z

Hi John,
      if someone does not give a better answer, I would do a factory reset and reflasch the micro SD card again.
      https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/factory-reset

All configurations will be gone after the firmware update.

thanks
      Juergen

1. In reply tojohnsikora:
        David @david2023-08-14 11:14:02.989Z

Hi John, I'm sorry you're running into this update issue.

Thanks for sharing those logs! The error you're experiencing is a known issue when trying to update to 2.5.4. However, there is a workaround you can use.

SSH into your TinyPilot and run the following commands:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
        sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6ED0E7B82643E131

Then run the TinyPilot update on the TinyPilot web interface.

Alternatively, if you have access to the latest version of TinyPilot Pro (2.6.0), I'd recommend re-flashing your SD card instead. The latest version runs on top of a newer operating system and will continue to receive updates. The version you're currently running on won't receive additional updates beyond 2.5.4 without re-flashing with the new operating system.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

ReplySolution
        1. JJohn Sikora @johnsikora
            2023-08-14 13:27:08.204Z

David,

Thanks, that worked fine. I'll get an SD flash set up but my telescope is about 2000 miles away so it's a to do for later. That's why I wanted to update to 2.5.4 as an interim step. Thanks again.

1. David @david2023-08-14 14:24:36.449Z

Perfect! Thanks for the update - I'm glad you've been able to update.

Feel free to reach out again in the future if you any any other questions.