No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Brand new TinyPilot won't boot up -- flashing red power light

By Tony @tmonsanto
    2023-08-15 15:53:47.010Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I have a brand new TinyPilot.

I cannot access it via Ethernet. There are no activity lights on the tinypilot or the router when I connect it to my router. I am using a cable that works with other devices.

Also, there is a bright blinking red light and a faint blinking green light.

I have nothing but the external power adapter and the Ethernet cable connected. I will reflash the microSD card, but if there's anything else you can recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tony

• 4 replies
    1. C

Hi Tony, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear your new TinyPilot device won’t boot up.

The blinking red LED is concerning, as that indicates your TinyPilot device is struggling to remain powered. Some third-party power adapters don’t supply enough power for a TinyPilot device. Can you please confirm if you are using a power supply that you purchased from us?

In the meantime, could you please try using an alternate USB-C power supply (e.g., from a smartphone or tablet) and checking if the problem persists? I’d also recommend trying an alternate USB-C to USB-C cable if you have one available and ensuring all connections feel secure.

1. T
        In reply totmonsanto:
        Tony @tmonsanto
          2023-08-16 15:44:48.587Z2023-08-16 20:42:42.391Z

Thanks. That was a great idea and I'm kind of mad at myself for not thinking of it.

I was using the power adapter that came with the tinypilot. But it seems to work using the cable I use to charge my USB-C devices. That fixed it. It seems to be maintaining power and I am able to connect to it.

Any chance I can get a replacement power adapter?

Here's the order information:

[private information removed]

Let me know if I need to do anything else to get the process started.

1. Thanks for getting back to me, I’m pleased to hear that it’s working now. I’ve asked our customer support team to reach out to you regarding a replacement power adapter, so they should be in contact with you soon.

2. T
            In reply totmonsanto:
            Tony @tmonsanto
              2023-08-17 16:03:25.493Z

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.