No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

remote access /hide location

By @nellyet
    2023-08-16 12:48:37.410Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Hi, i work from home using a company laptop but wish to travel outside the country using my personal laptop (leaving my work laptop at home) to access the company laptop.

i wish to know if the company can check if accessing the device from another country with the tiny pilot installed ?

i have previously used an external mouse, keyboard, screen with my company laptop previously with no issues. but just want to know if there any detection of a tiny pilot etc . Any advice and solution would be much appreciated.

• 6 replies
    1. C

Hi @nellyet, thank you for your question about remote access.

TinyPilot isn’t designed to evade detection, but we’ve never received reports of any tools that flag TinyPilot as a problem. Our website includes more details about how TinyPilot presents itself to the target computer.

1. N@nellyet
          2023-08-16 16:01:31.167Z

hi charles, thanks for the reply.

just a few questions to make sure i understand before purchasing the device.

1. Can the company computer detect that tiny pilot is remote access ?
          2. is this optional or can i remove this ? - USB mass storage device / thumb drive (Pro only)
          3. is it easy to setup and install

thanks

1. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Can the company computer detect that tiny pilot is remote access ?

The article about detecting a TinyPilot device linked in my previous answer covers this in detail.

is this optional or can i remove this ? - USB mass storage device / thumb drive (Pro only)

The USB mass storage device won’t be presented to the target system unless you mount a disk image.

is it easy to setup and install

You can view our product instructions for an overview of the basic installation and setup process.

You’d also need to consider setting up a remote access solution.

• N
          In reply tonellyet:
          @nellyet
            2023-08-16 16:23:01.160Z

how good or bad is the lag? i read online that you can have bad lag when connecting from abroad with this device. is this true?

1. @fft2023-08-17 05:53:05.410Z

Hi,
              the lag very much depends on the internet connection you have. I personally would not do "active programming", as I type fast, and you notice that it is defintely not as fast as diretc typing. But I also get mad with any remote desktop connection. I develop locally on my laptop, and transfer the files to the servers.

thanks
              Juergen

2. R
              In reply tonellyet:
              RIck @rick
                2024-03-17 22:14:16.131Z

Hey @nellyet have you used the device?