No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

video quality down

By @jaypeepoy
    2023-09-07 22:27:54.520Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi,
    I am using HDMI to HDMI cable. My video quality is poor then target laptop to personal laptop.
    How can I improve high resolution video using via HDMI?

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2023-09-08 11:47:21.305Z

Hi @jaypeepoy, I'm sorry you're experiencing image quality issues.

Could you share a log from your TinyPilot for me to review? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

Can you also let me know whether you're using MJPEG or H.264 as your streaming mode? You can check the current streaming mode using the indicator on the bottom left hand corner of your TinyPilot's web interface.

1. J@jaypeepoy
          2023-09-08 17:41:42.209Z
          1. David @david2023-09-11 11:23:27.976Z

Thanks for sharing those logs, @jaypeepoy.

Is the primary issue that your TinyPilot displays 1280x720 instead of 1920x1080? If so, you can change your target machine's output resolution to 1920x1080 (at 30Hz) using your target machine's Display Settings.

It also looks like you're running an older version of the TinyPilot Pro software (2.4.1 from mid 2022). TinyPilot Pro is now on version 2.6.1 which includes many new features and improvements - notably H.264 video encoding and an updated EDID to support a wider range of display resolutions and refresh rates.

If changing your target machine's resolution doesn't help, you can try using TinyPilot's alternate EDID which contains additional resolutions and a default display resolution of 1920x1080 at 30Hz.

If you need to, you can purchase a new 1-year Pro license from our website. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and bugfixes and priority support.

As a small company, we rely on license renewals to fund improvements to TinyPilot’s software, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!