No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Tinypilot audio problem on Mac

By Tayyab Baloch @Tayyab146
    2023-09-08 07:44:03.605Z

I've recently updated my tinypilot with factory reset. But it's unable to transmit audio on mac. What should I do?

• 6 replies
    1. @fft2023-09-11 08:35:46.945Z

HI,
      are you sure, that you have chosen H.264 for Video and not the default MPEG? (This is my personal most famous bummer I have with every update; I'll always forget to set it and wonder :-) ) MPEG does not have audio.
      thanks
      Juergen

1. T
        In reply toTayyab146:
        Tayyab Baloch @Tayyab146
          2023-09-11 19:26:59.798Z

Yep, I'm already using windows and it's working fine. Not sure how it works for Mac, I'm unable to hear anything.

1. In reply toTayyab146:
            @fft2023-09-12 05:02:43.189Z

Hi Tayyab,
            it worked out of the box on my Mac. So if it works unter Windows, it seems to be a Mac problem. I know that Mac has "some" areas, where you can access the sound options. I would start at system-> sound and check if there is anything choosen that does not make sense. I also had it in some browsers, that in the browsers itself you have to allow that the website is allowed to play sound.
            So if in the browser you are using, you get sound from youtube videos, I than would check if the TinyPilot is allowed to play sound in this browser.

thanks
            Juergen

1. T
              In reply toTayyab146:
              Tayyab Baloch @Tayyab146
                2023-09-13 07:08:49.091Z

made changes, output sound set to HDMI tiny Pilot, from browser allowed sound for that tinypilot website. But still no luck can't hear the sound.

1. T
                  In reply toTayyab146:
                  Tayyab Baloch @Tayyab146
                    2023-09-13 14:31:18.708Z

I really need help. Its not working for me on Mac

1. In reply toTayyab146:
                      @fft2023-09-14 05:46:01.395Z

Hi Tayyab,
                      I am using a Mac as well and can confirm, that H.264 by TinyPilot generates sound, which I can clearly hear on my Mac. As you wrote, you dan hear the sound on windows, we can assume, that TinyPilot is working. So what is left are the Mac problems. And there comes the hard part. Beeing in HomeOffice, all I can say, tha "Mac and sound" is something that is IMHO not solved very well; reason: Each and every remote session sound is sometimes not working. So we have to find a way to narrow the problem:

1.) On the browser you are using you can hear youtube videos with sound?
                      2.) Can you use a different browser? I suggest brave https://brave.com/ (Not that others might noit work, but with the brave I am using TinyPilot with sound and it works.
                      3.) What happens, if you play a local mpeg file in this browser?
                      4.) Is TinyPilot "website" (the page with the remote system) allowed to play sound?

So if youtube works on this browser, and TinyPilot not, than I am personally stuck, as I really have no idea what is so much different in your system.

thanks
                      Juergen