No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

tinypilot unable to open database file error

By Sunny Ch @Sunny143
    2023-09-15 19:18:34.986Zassigned to
    • @david

Hello as i was using Tinypilot normally i started receiving this error. I then went ahead and restarted my Tinypilot Multiple times but now it is not even gettung discovered in my Network.

• 4 replies
    1. S
      Sunny Ch @Sunny143
        2023-09-15 21:14:02.655Z

Also i have confirmed that ethernet cable is in working condition as well as power cable and data cable. I only have sungle wifi network so there shouldn't be any network discrepencies. Please if you can help out with the next steps.

1. In reply toSunny143:
          David @david2023-09-18 11:21:58.285Z

Hi @sunny143, sorry you're running into this database file error.

And thanks for sharing all those details!

Unfortunately, it sounds like your TinyPilot's filesystem could be corrupt - especially since the file cannot be found and your network can't discover your TinyPilot. I suspect your TinyPilot can't boot properly due to the corruption.

In this case, I would recommend that you re-flash your TinyPilot's microSD card to restore your TinyPilot to a working state.

Once you're back up and running, I'd recommend that you enable TinyPilot's read-only filesystem to help reduce the chances of encountering similar issues in the future.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1. S@Simplify3546
              2024-03-02 06:45:24.986Z

I am encountering the same issue. However I cant even get the image for re-flashing since it requires an order number which I do not have since I purchased from Amazon.
              And what if this happens again after the 12 months since purchase have passed? Will I have to pay another $100 just to un-brick this device?

1. David @david2024-03-04 12:16:13.829Z

Hi @Simplify3456, I'm sorry you're also running into this issue.

If you purchased from Amazon, you should be able to use your Amazon details for the license check. You'll need to use your 17-digit Amazon order number and the email address you use for your Amazon account.

what if this happens again after the 12 months since purchase have passed?

In instances where customers don't have an active TinyPilot Pro license, we've offered access to the latest image that they qualify for. So, even if you run into issues like this in the future, you'll still be able to get back up and running.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions.