No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Screen size is small @2.6.1

By Dongwon LEE @cchamchi
    2023-09-19 03:13:29.119Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I upgraded to tinypilot pro 2.6.1. The screen size is getting small when I switch to another PC ( I connected TinyPilot to HDMI 2-ports splitter with Mac-mini and NUC). When I use MJPEG, there is no problem in screen size. But If I use H.264, The screen size is getting small when I switch to another PC. At that moment If I change the video setting to MJPEG, the screen size is back to normal. When I used 2.6.0, There were no such symptoms.

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi @cchamchi, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with video size.

I've not heard of this happening before, so we'll need to investigate. Can you please check if the video appears cropped (i.e., some of it is missing) or scaled (i.e., zoomed out)? Does the video size return to being small if you switch back to H.264 after being in MJPEG mode?

It'd also be helpful if you provided a screenshot showing the video at the expected size and another showing when it is small. You can do this from within TinyPilot by going to Actions, then Screenshot.

1. CDongwon LEE @cchamchi
          2023-09-25 05:02:20.483Z

Hi Charles

1. Croped or scaled >> NO
          2. Does the video size return to being small if you switch back to H.264 after being in MJPEG mode? >> NO. After the screen size is back to normal, The size is kept normal regardless of switching.
          3. When I captured screenshot in TinyPilot menu, Both screen jpg file is the same size(resolution). (also same file size)

FYI, I used Safari for viewer.

Thank you

1. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! It’s interesting that the two screenshots are the same as that could point towards an issue with the client. Could you please re-take the screenshots using the client computer’s built-in tools, making sure to capture the entire web browser? This will help me to understand how the issue is presenting itself.