No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Ideas

Fullscreen/Theatre Mode

By Alexander B @aab641
    2023-10-03 19:06:38.828Zassigned to
    • @david

So on youtube there is a Theatre mode where it kind of goes fullscreen...
    I am mentioning this because I have G9 Monitor which is 5120x1440 resolution. I would like to Fullscreen TinyPilot at half of the screen the screen resolution but thats not an option. If I click fullscreen I am centered in the middle of the monitor with huge black bars on the side. Can there be a theatre mode where custom dimensions for the fullscreen can be entered?

• 4 replies
    1. A
      Alexander B @aab641
        2023-10-03 19:15:25.381Z
        1. David @david2023-10-04 12:42:48.447Z

Hi @aab641, thanks for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible to full-screen a browser window with custom dimensions.

TinyPilot's dedicated window mode (which removes the TinyPilot web UI) allows you to use a resizable 'full-screen' remote screen - although it retains your browser window's UI.

The size of the TinyPilot remote screen scales based on its aspect ratio and height (like YouTube's theatre mode). Once the remote screen reaches the maximum height (or width) of the browser window, it won't scale any further to prevent cutting off part of the image. If you extend the window past that point, you will see the border you're describing. I'm not sure how the CSS object-fit properties would improve this behavior? Am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

1. AAlexander B @aab641
              2023-10-05 17:28:22.338Z

I think this image describes the change I am looking for.

https://imgur.com/OiVSnCw

Can we have an option on scaling? For example,

• No scaling
              • Only scale down
              • Both Scale down and Up
              1. David @david2023-10-06 11:20:32.169Z

Thanks for that screenshot and clarification, @aab641! I've created a new issue on Github based on your suggestion. You're more than welcome to subscribe to the issue for updates.

This feature isn't part of our short-term roadmap yet, but we’re always working to improve TinyPilot’s software and hardware. We prioritize features based on user demand, so we’ll definitely consider your feedback in our planning.