No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Mouse and Keyboard issue on Tinypilot RaspberryPi version

By @ghostfounder
    2023-11-06 20:22:08.282Z

Hey, I installed Tinypilot on my raspberry pi 4 B. I am getting the HDMI display on the hostname but I can't use Mouse and keyboard even when I am using a USB-c to USB-a connection. Can someone please help me figure out what the problem might be?

• 5 replies
    1. David @david2023-11-07 12:07:11.040Z

Hi @ghostfounder, I'm sorry you're running into this USB issue.

Can I ask for more details about your setup? Are you using your Pi's USB-C port as the input to the target machine?

Could you share a TinyPilot log for me to review? On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

1. G@ghostfounder
          2023-11-07 15:15:17.095Z2023-11-07 19:38:22.868Z

Yes @david , I am using the USB-C port as input for target machine. (USB-C goes into Pi and USB-A goes into target machine i.e. the PC).
          and here's the link to the log file:https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/MMnR4epF

1. David @david2023-11-08 12:12:47.404Z

Thanks for sharing that log! The logs confirm that your target machine isn't receiving any keyboard or mouse input.

My gut feeling is that this is an issue with the USB cable. Often, USB-C cables are made to different specifications. For example, a lot of USB-C cables designed for charging a phone may only have charging functionality and no data transfer functionality. So there's a chance that your USB-C cable doesn't have the necessary data connections.

Could you try a different USB-C to USB-A cable and see if that fixes the issue? We've had good experiences with these cables, although most cables with data transfer functionality should work.

• F
          In reply toghostfounder:
          Peder Sundstrom @Fronto
            2023-11-10 13:27:43.007Z

Hi have same problem, it works when i connect to my PC laptop, but when I connect to a RPi 4 whid RPi OS the picture is fine but the mouse and keyboard is not working, If I put a mouse direkt to the RPi I can see it moving an working well but not from the Tinypilot Voyager 2a.
            //Peder

1. David @david2023-11-10 18:48:15.285Z

Hi Peder, I'm sorry that you're running into this mouse and keyboard issue.

Just to clarify, your issue is that your TinyPilot's mouse doesn't work when you're using a Raspberry Pi as your target machine (that is, the machine you want to control)?

Could you share a log from your TinyPilot for me to review? On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.