No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Mouse is very fast, and does now follow my on screen mouse movments.

By Matt Gajowniczek @mattspl
    2023-11-10 02:26:14.140Z

After moving my trackpad one 1/8" the mouse on the KVM moves across the whole screen making it unusable.

• 6 replies
    1. David @david2023-11-10 18:44:43.642Z

Hi @mattspl, I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with the mouse.

Normally, when we see mouse issues like this, it's because of a resolution / scaling issue. Does the display on the TinyPilot interface look correct? i.e., no black bars on the sides or anything like that?

Could you share a TinyPilot log for me to review? On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

1. MMatt Gajowniczek @mattspl
          2023-11-13 15:13:30.218Z

I do have a small bar on the left side, I am using a VGA converter, as well.

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/yvqQlzyq

1. David @david2023-11-13 18:55:33.277Z

Thanks for the details and for sharing that log, @mattspl.

There's nothing in those logs that stands out to me as an issue. And I wouldn't expect that slight screen offset to have such a large impact on the mouse here.

Can you tell me more about your target machine? From you screenshot, it doesn't look like a typical PC, so that may make a difference here.

Do you know the resolution this target normally outputs at (i.e., when you use a regular monitor)?

• M
          In reply tomattspl:
          Matt Gajowniczek @mattspl
            2023-11-13 18:59:43.963Z

CONTROL/USER INTERFACE User interface: SXGA (1280 x 1024) or better monitor (VGA) thats what the manual says, this is an old device.

Here is a product link.
            https://www.martin.com/en-US/products/p3-200-system-controller

1. David @david2023-11-14 12:23:09.447Z

Thanks for sharing that link to the product info!

This line in the product information stands out to me:

User interface: SXGA (1280 x 1024) or better monitor (VGA), USB

It sounds like this device expects a resolution of 1280x1024 or higher. Right now, your device is outputting to TinyPilot at 1024x768, which might explain why you're seeing the display offset (black bar).

This resolution difference may also explain the mouse behavior. If your machine interprets TinyPilot's mouse movement intended for a 1024x768 display, your machine may scale up that movement, causing the mouse to move faster than expected.

Does this machine allow you to change it's output resolution in a settings menu or anything like that? If it does, can you try setting the output to 1280x1024?

i remember on an old VGA you had to press the sync button for it to recalibrate, something like this exist here?

There isn't anything like that on TinyPilot since TinyPilot relies on the VGA adapter to handle the display signal here.

2. M
              In reply tomattspl:
              Matt Gajowniczek @mattspl
                2023-11-13 19:01:55.624Z

i remember on an old VGA you had to press the sync button for it to recalibrate, something like this exist here?