No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Cannot browse to tinypilot ip

By @epicit
    2023-11-10 03:19:46.773Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I have a TinyPilot Voyager 2. About a year and a half old. I have not used it in a long time but was getting it prepped to the start using again. I powered it up and I can ping it and SSH to it (can't login for some reason), but can't browse the ip or dns name. I had initially set it up on remote.it and I can see it is online when I plug it in. Just can't browse to it from remote or local. Any suggestions?

• 5 replies
    1. C

Hi @epicit, thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear you're having connectivity problems.

There could be several explanations for this issue, so we'll need to investigate further. Can you please let me know what you see when you try to browse to the TinyPilot web page? For example, do you see an "Internal Server Error" message or similar?

It would be very helpful if you could send me a link to your logs. You can do this by connecting over SSH, running the following command, and confirming that you wish to share the logs when prompted:

/opt/tinypilot-privileged/scripts/collect-debug-logs

1. E
        In reply toepicit:
        @epicit
          2023-11-10 19:56:16.098Z

Hmmm… can't reach this page10.6.10.175 refused to connect.

This is what I get when I try to browse.

1. E
            In reply toepicit:
            @epicit
              2023-11-10 19:58:18.417Z

Trying to get in with SSH but my password isnt' working

1. Progress
                with handling this problem
              2. E
                @epicit
                  2023-11-13 15:52:41.981Z

Is there a way to reset the password?

1. C
                    Charles Hague @cghague2023-11-14 00:44:58.031Zreplies toepicit:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the SSH password if you've forgotten it. However, it might be worth noting that the SSH password is independent of the web interface password, so it could be worth checking if it's still set to the default value.

It's only possible to be confident with access to the logs, but my current suspicion is that the microSD card has become corrupted while in storage. Unfortunately, if that's the case, the only option would be to factory reset your TinyPilot device. I appreciate that this is a hassle, so I recommend enabling the read-only filesystem once you're up and running, as that will drastically reduce the chances of corruption occurring again.