No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Cannot Update From 2.5.0 to 2.5.4

By Jeff Smith @jts2045
    2023-11-20 02:21:34.810Zassigned to
    • @david

Getting this message when attempting to update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4

The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

Seen the workaround but that involves things that are beyond my ability. Will there be a fix for the update?

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2023-11-20 12:46:53.854Z

Hi @jts2045, I'm sorry you're running into this update issue.

Like you mentioned, this is a known issue.

Unfortunately, since this is an issue with the 2.5.0 update process (specifically trying to install software that is no longer available from its original location), there isn't an easier way to fix this than the two workarounds I wrote about in the other forum comment.

There are two options for you to update beyond 2.5.0. The first option is to run through the first workaround (i.e., using SSH to log in to your TinyPilot and run some commands). And I'm happy to walk you through the process if you're not confident with how to do it.

The second option is to re-flash your SD card to the latest version of TinyPilot. This is the option I'd recommend if possible. We recently released TinyPilot Pro 2.6.2 which has lots of new features, changes, and improvements since we released TinyPilot Pro 2.5.0 over a year ago.

If your TinyPilot Pro license has expired, you can purchase a new 1-year license from our website. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and priority support.

As a small company, we rely on license renewals to fund improvements to TinyPilot’s software, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!

If you'd rather not renew your license, I can send you the latest image you qualify for to get you past this update issue.

I hope that helps! Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

1. J
        In reply tojts2045:
        Jeff Smith @jts2045
          2023-11-20 14:10:48.882Z

Thank you for the update...

1. David @david2023-11-20 18:49:42.161Z

You're welcome! Please let me know which option you'd like to proceed with. I'm more than happy to help however I can!