Unsupported display configuration

By Charles Hague @cghague2023-12-08 17:37:04.976Zassigned to
  • @cghague

• 2 replies
  1. X
    Thomas Rechberger @xrated
      2023-12-08 13:46:18.947Z

The FAQ mentions:
      There are a few display settings that TinyPilot does not support. If your target device runs at any of the following outputs, try reducing the resolution and frame rate:
      1920x1080 at 60hz
      2560x1440 (QHD)
      3840x2160 (4K)

1080p @ 60Hz is in fact the most common solution. We have many Thinkpad Laptops having issues, either the problems appears after doing reset to defaults in Windows or it wont work at all. I found that changing resolution to lower Hz will make it work but this is not a acceptable solution because the box was ordered to install the Laptop from remote locations. If i need to advise a local person everytime for every new laptop (you cannot simply change resolution in Windows until setup process is finished), i simply can drive there and do it myself without the box.

Its very important that 1080p60 is working, please fix this. I tried now all FW versions since 2.4.0 even with custom EDID as written in FAQ. It couldnt remedy this issue.

1. Hi Thomas, thank you for sharing your experiences with TinyPilot.

Unfortunately, due to hardware limitations, TinyPilot devices are restricted to a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 at 30fps. Most target computers will automatically negotiate a supported display configuration with a TinyPilot device, but I appreciate it's a hassle when working with target computers that don't support this functionality.

Support for higher-end video settings is not part of our short-term roadmap yet, but we're always working to improve TinyPilot's software and hardware. We prioritize features based on user demand, so we'll definitely consider your feedback in our planning.