No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

HDMI video gets disconnected after some time

By Arun Gandhi @aruniac
    2023-12-25 04:56:34.168Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi - I need some help urgently because of impending travel and I am trying to setup my computer with my tinypilot (Voyager 2) device. It works for a bit and then, when computer sleeps (I think), I don't get video anymore. It works again only after rebooting the target. Mouse and keyboard work. Could you please help me out with this? I have tried the following:
    Change EDID
    Change cable
    Change target computer
    Changed resolution to 1920x1080 at 30 hz
    Enabled STUN server

Original target computer is a Lenovo thinkstation with Windows 10.

Log: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/eTx22Ign

Your help is greatly appreciated!

• 2 replies
    1. A
      In reply toaruniac:
      Arun Gandhi @aruniac
        2023-12-26 11:00:46.045Z

It appears to be working now. I will circle back if I encounter the issue again. Thanks!

1. David @david2023-12-27 11:37:34.327Z

Hi @aruniac, I'm sorry you ran into this video issue.

Thanks for sharing all of those details and your TinyPilot logs.

There's a known issue where TinyPilot can't wake a sleeping machine with keyboard / mouse input.

It sounds like when your target machine went into sleep mode, the display turned off as expected. Then, your TinyPilot couldn't wake your target machine with keyboard or mouse input. That would explain why rebooting your target resolved the problem.

In situations like this, I recommend changing your target machine's settings to turn off sleep mode. Alternatively, you can set up a mouse jiggler to help prevent your target machine from entering sleep mode.

I hope that helps!

2. Progress
          with handling this problem
        3. A@aruniac closed this topic 2023-12-26 11:00:16.479Z.