No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Simultaneous login's into TinyPilot Web?

By a7673 @a7673
    2024-01-14 23:15:17.239Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Can you please let me know how many instances can one login into TP web view simultaneously?

Is it possible to connect to TP Web view by 2 different people from different locations at a same time remotely?

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi a7673, thanks for your question about multiple people logging into TinyPilot simultaneously.

Multiple users can simultaneously log into the TinyPilot web interface, subject to hardware and network capacity. It's worth noting that all connected users can control the target computer, which could lead to conflicting or confusing inputs.

Is there a specific use case that you have in mind? If so, please let me know, and I'd be happy to advise further.

1. A
        In reply toa7673:
        a7673 @a7673
          2024-01-15 05:17:57.980Z

Thank you for the response. I am just curious on the possibilities. When you say "subject to hardware and network capacity. " which hardware are you referring to? TinyPilot?

1. Thanks for getting back to me!

The processing power of the TinyPilot device, plus the capacity of the network connection it is operating on, will be the limiting factors. We've not officially tested using multiple sessions, but I just tried it locally as a matter of curiosity. I had no issues viewing the H.264 video from my TinyPilot device on three devices simultaneously.