No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Controlling using Android phone or iPad

By a7673 @a7673
    2024-01-15 06:07:07.162Zassigned to
    • @david

I tried controlliing my TP web interface using my android phone on chrome browser, I was unable to move the mouse or press any key. There was no response to the touch.

I also tried to switch the website to "Desktop Version" It dint work. Please help/let know if I can use mobile phone devices such as Samsung Z fold to operate the web interface of TP. I am yet to try this on my iPad.

• 2 replies
    1. David @david2024-01-15 12:10:34.508Z

Hi @a7673, I'm sorry you ran into this issue with touch input on your TinyPilot.

Unfortunately, TinyPilot doesn't currently support touch input via its web interface, so it's not currently possible to control your target machine using a touch screen device.

We're interested in expanding TinyPilot's capabilities to support touch input from smartphones and tablets. And we have an open Github ticket to track development of that functionality. Touch screen input isn't part of our short-term roadmap yet, but we’re always working to improve TinyPilot’s software and hardware. We prioritize features based on user demand, so we’ll definitely consider your feedback in our planning.

I've made a note in the ticket that you're interested in touch screen input. You're welcome to subscribe for updates on the Github ticket, too!

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1. A
        In reply toa7673:
        a7673 @a7673
          2024-01-15 23:22:32.953Z

Yes, this is much needed feature. Kindly please implement it.

@cghague @michael