No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

TinyPilot installation

By @garlint
    2024-01-21 22:41:25.950Z2024-01-23 00:42:07.069Zassigned to
    • @david

I've read through the FAQ documents but am still confused. I have three laptops, laptop A and B. Laptop A will have TinyPilot plugged in. Laptop B is on the same network as Laptop A. Laptop C will sit in a different network and access Laptop A.

I understand to access Laptop A from Laptop C, I need to use something like remote.it. On this page (https://tinypilotkvm.com/blog/remote-it), it says I need to "Install and register remote.it on your TinyPilot". Just to clarify, is this installation happening on the TinyPilot device or on one of the laptops? When I execute the installation on the TinyPilot, can I do that from Laptop B or must I do it on Laptop A (the device that will have the TinyPilot plugged into)? Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 replies
    1. David @david2024-01-23 12:24:16.735Z

Hi @garlint, thanks for your questions!

Just to clarify, is this installation happening on the TinyPilot device or on one of the laptops?

For remote.it, the software installation takes place on the TinyPilot device. To access your TinyPilot's web interface via remote.it, you'll need visit https://app.remote.it and sign in with your remote.it credentials. Once you're signed in to remote.it, you'll get a URL that you'll use to access your TinyPilot's web interface.

If you decide to use a different cloud access solution (like tailscale), you may need to install additional software on your client machine (i.e., the computer you use to access the TinyPilot web interface), or Laptop C in your example.

When I execute the installation on the TinyPilot, can I do that from Laptop B or must I do it on Laptop A (the device that will have the TinyPilot plugged into)? Thanks for the feedback.

You can do this on either laptop, so Laptop B will work fine here.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.