No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Can't Hear Audio Streaming

By @pmcewan
    2024-01-22 11:57:58.887Zassigned to
    • @david

I have the Tiny Pilot Pro and I just updated everything to the latest, but the audio is not working
    The image I downloaded says Tiny Pilot Voyager 2a, but the help still says Tiny Pilot Pro
    Does that mean it's not supported? Since the help says it's only supported on Voyager 2a
    Can I upgrade somehow?

• 2 replies
    1. @fft2024-01-23 06:49:29.441Z

Hi,
      TinyPilot also has to have the hardware that provides sound. We "silently" exchanged the "no sound" with the "sound" hardware, and advertised "with sound" when we where sure, that we only have "with sound hardware" on stock. So the question is, if during the buying the hardware was already "ready" for sound.
      You see, I cannot give you the exact date, when this happened here in the EU, but this might be the same thing if you bought in the US.
      If you bought within the last 4 month, than it is a different story, than HW should be "ok" (except if you bought a refurbished, where the HW might be older).

I hope it helped at least a little.

thanks
      Juergen

1. In reply topmcewan:
        David @david2024-01-23 12:44:14.191Z2024-01-23 14:39:32.799Z

Hi @pmcewan, I'm sorry you're running into issues streaming audio via your TinyPilot.

Audio streaming is only available on TinyPilot Voyager 2a devices because they have newer hardware that enables audio capture. Do you happen to know which TinyPilot device you have? An easy way to tell is that a TinyPilot Voyager 2a has a metal case (which you can see on its product page), whereas earlier models (like the TinyPilot Voyager 2) use a 3D printed case.

Does your TinyPilot device have a metal case? If not, it sounds like you're using a TinyPilot device that doesn't support audio streaming. If that's the case, and you'd like to upgrade your device, I can ask our customer service team to help out with that.

TinyPilot Pro is the name of our software that requires a license. The TinyPilot Pro software doesn't enable audio streaming.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions and whether you'd like me to start organizing an upgrade for your device.