No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Technical Issue with TinyPilot Voyager 2a

By Danyal Sakhi @danyalsakhi
    2024-03-05 16:56:16.573Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Hi there,

I've been using the TinyPilot Voyager 2a for two weeks without any problems. However, after shutting it down last Friday, it's not working properly upon restarting on Monday.

While SSH access is fine, the web interface shows that TinyPilot is not Running. I've tried rebooting via SSH multiple times with no success.

Please assist.

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi Danyal, thanks for your message. I'm sorry that your TinyPilot device isn't responding correctly.

Can you please send me a link to your debug logs so I can investigate this further? You can do this by connecting over SSH, running the following command, and opting to upload the results when prompted:

sudo /opt/tinypilot-privileged/scripts/collect-debug-logs

1. DDanyal Sakhi @danyalsakhi
          2024-03-06 14:53:07.526Z

Please find the logs link below.
          http://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8wNXhpA8

1. Hi Danyal, thanks for sending the logs over.

I've reviewed the logs, and part of the TinyPilot application is missing. The usual explanation for this issue is that the file system on the microSD card has become corrupted. Filesystem corruption can result from excessive writes to the microSD card, power failures, or other isolated causes.

It may be possible to reinstall TinyPilot remotely. However, a corrupted filesystem tends to affect multiple files, so I'd advise against this approach as there would be an increased chance of the TinyPilot device being unusable again soon.

I appreciate it's a hassle, but would you be able to perform a factory reset? Once you've done that, you might want to consider enabling the read-only filesystem, as that could drastically reduce the chances of filesystem corruption happening again in the future.