No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Using newer version of ustreamer?

By Alon Marko @Marko
    2024-04-08 12:51:06.858Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi,
    First of all thank you for this great project. very helpful for my uses.
    i wondered is there an option for myself (not everyone) to solo update the version of ustreamer being used (noticed its 5.43) to a newer version. i saw there was a new release in which they support up to 60fps in 720p streaming which can be really usefull in improving overall expirience.

and since tinypilot installs ustreamer from pre made debian package is there a way for a solo user like me to make one of newer ustreamer release that will be compatible with tinypilot?

Thanks.

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2024-04-09 11:12:28.423Z

Hi @Marko, thanks for your question and for your kind words!

Unfortunately, although updating software dependencies on your TinyPilot is possible, we don't offer support for any other versions on TinyPilot right now. I suspect the effort to create your own Debian package outweighs the benefit you'd get from a newer version, too.

I think the best solution here would be for us to update our uStreamer package in a future TinyPilot update. Do you happen to know which version of uStreamer supports 720p at 60fps?

1. MAlon Marko @Marko
          2024-04-09 11:26:35.856Z

actually im not sure....i stumbled this post on reddit regarding Pikvm, and since you are using ustreamer aswell i thought it might be able to affect tinypilot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pikvm/comments/1b8j0ku/kvmd_ustreamer_performance_update/

1. David @david2024-04-09 14:18:08.142Z

Thanks for the link! Based on the date of that post and uStreamer's releases, it sounds like those updates are part of uStreamer v6.0.

I've created a new GitHub issue to suggest updating TinyPilot's uStreamer package.