No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

can't find on network

By NW Admin @nwadmin
    2024-04-17 18:12:10.719Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I got my first tinykvm and I am excited about it. This will come in very handy.

However, I've had it on power on on my network for about 15 minutes and I still can't find it. The LEDs on the network port are lit. The power LED is solid red and the disk LED flashes green intermittently, but I can't seem to find it on my network.

The documents show to put tinypilot in the url, but that doesn't work. I checked my dhcp server and it doesn't show a lease for it.

the web browser doesn't provide any response. Is there any way to console to the tinypilot and get more info on its status?

• 1 replies
    1. C

Hi NW Admin, thank you for your message. I'm sorry you're having issues connecting to your TinyPilot device.

You've mentioned that your TinyPilot device isn't receiving a DHCP lease, but the link and activity lights on the Ethernet port are on. The most likely explanation for this issue based on that is that the TinyPilot device hasn't booted for some reason.

Can you please disconnect your TinyPilot device from the power supply, remove the microSD card, re-insert it, and then reconnect the power? I appreciate it sounds obvious, but this is often enough to resolve the problem.