No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

New Tinypilot device is extremely Slow though internet is stable using Tailscale

By zee Haf @zeehafeez
    2024-04-18 17:46:00.737Zassigned to
    • @cghague

New Tinypilot device is extremely Slow though internet is stable. each click is taking 10 secound.

• 2 replies
    1. C

Hi Zee Haf, thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that your TinyPilot device seems slow when connected using Tailscale.

Can you please try enabling H.264 video if you haven't already? I'd also recommend checking out the suggestions on reducing latency on the same page, as they can help to optimize video for your connection.

If none of the above helps, could you please send me a link to your debug logs by going to System, then Logs, then Get Shareable URL?

1. Thanks for sending me your logs via email. I've reviewed them, and I can see that H.264 is enabled. However, I can also see that you're using Tailscale and have connected your TinyPilot device over WiFi, which is a combination that is likely to introduce significant latency.

Can you please temporarily try connecting using a direct Ethernet connection and check if the latency improves? Can you please also try following our suggestions on reducing H.264 latency?