No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

local control - hdmi splitter

By Niels Stenger @Stenger
    2024-04-28 07:52:29.762Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi
    Im looking for a solution to control the local computer and also from the web browser. Has any one tried something similar?

Computer -> hdmi splitter 1. Tiny pilot 2. Local monitor
    And how about using DisplayPort?

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2024-04-29 11:36:09.335Z

Hi @Stenger, thanks for your question!

TinyPilot generally supports target machines that output using DisplayPort, although you'll need to use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter/cable. You'll also need to make sure your machine outputs at a resolution that TinyPilot supports.

As for HDMI splitters, some users have reported that they successfully use splitters with their setup, although we haven't tested any splitters ourselves. I think for this setup to work, your target machine will need to output a resolution that TinyPilot supports and that your physical display can also use.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. SNiels Stenger @Stenger
          2024-04-30 07:00:21.743Z

Hi David
          Thanks for your answer

Regarding the supported resolution, is it the raspberry pi or the grabber card that has the limit?

1. David @david2024-04-30 10:53:10.539Z

You're welcome!

Regarding the supported resolution, is it the raspberry pi or the grabber card that has the limit?

The resolutions TinyPilot Voyager devices support is limited by the bandwidth of the Raspberry Pi CSI-2 Interface. If you're building your own device, the capture device (and the bandwidth of the interface you use (USB, CSI-2)) will determine the supported resolutions.

I hope that helps!