No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Updating Failing and video stream stopped working after i tried

By ThirtyTwelve @ThirtyTwelve
    2024-05-06 12:39:17.097Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi, I'm trying to update my Voyager 1 and it keeps failing with the following message:

The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

After my first attempt of installing the update but failing, the video stream from the kvm does not work. It just shows a blank image icon. So now the device is unusable, what can i do?

Device logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/EzySA929

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 7 replies
    1. David @david2024-05-07 11:43:24.708Z

Hi @ThirtyTwelve, I'm sorry you're running into this update issue.

And thanks for sharing those logs!

It looks like the update failed because of missing files. Missing files and directories is typically a symptom of filesystem corruption. If you've been running this device for a long time, the amount of read and write activity can cause wear on the microSD card, increasing the chance of filesystem corruption occurring over time.

Could you try performing a factory reset to restore your device to working state?

We've worked hard to reduce the odds of filesystem corruption occurring with TinyPilot Pro 2.6.0 and higher to make TinyPilot as robust as possible with a microSD card.

If your TinyPilot Pro license has expired, you can renew your license from our website and receive an additional year of updates. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and bugfixes and priority support.

As a small company, we rely on license renewals to fund improvements to TinyPilot’s software, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!

If you'd rather not renew, I can share a link to the most recent version of TinyPilot Pro you qualify for to help you get back online with your TinyPilot.

1. TThirtyTwelve @ThirtyTwelve
          2024-05-09 11:51:11.294Z

I will want to renew the license at this moment, so please send me it

2024-05-09 11:51:50.114Z

I don't want to renew the license at this moment, so please send me it *

1. David @david2024-05-09 14:39:44.348Z

No problem - I've asked our customer support team to send you the latest TinyPilot image you qualify for. You should receive an email soon.

Once you have the image, could you perform a factory reset and let me know if that helps get you back up and running?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

2024-05-10 10:00:04.408Z

The flashing of the new TinyPilot Image went fine.
                    Now i thing the logs show something a bit different but as you se in the image below i do have the same issue. What else can i try?
                    Logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/mWeK2Ucq

2024-05-10 10:14:31.502Z

Strange, i restarted the tiny-pilot a couple of times now, and the stream is now working. So i guess the update fixed it

1. David @david2024-05-10 18:58:09.769Z

Thanks for the update - I'm glad you're back up and running.

Please feel free to reach out again in future.