No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

New TinyPilot. Can't login

By @iRemote
    2024-05-20 02:33:09.454Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi there.
    Second TinyPilot I purchased couple of weeks ago is not working, I can't access web interface.
    I have changed host name on my first TinyPilot (both are on the same network).
    Rebooted both.
    I verified hostname for 1st TP has changed (alpha, see image). I've also tried to access 2nd TinyPilot web interface via https:// - still no luck.

Any ideas? I can provide order numbers for both units...

Solved in post #6, click to view
    • 7 replies
    1. David @david2024-05-20 11:04:51.624Z

Hi @iRemote, I'm sorry you can't connect to your new TinyPilot.

Thanks for sharing those details about your other device. Your network information suggests that your new TinyPilot is online (and ping-able), so that's positive.

Was your new TinyPilot working before and it has now stopped working? Or have you never been able to access your new TinyPilot's web interface?

Are you able to connect to your new TinyPilot's web interface using its IP address in your browser's address bar instead of its hostname?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. I
        In reply toiRemote:
        @iRemote
          2024-05-20 13:19:56.116Z

Hi David,

I bought my new TinyPilot in April and just got around to setting it up. So I have never been able to access my new TP's web interface..

I have tried to connect via IP address and wasn't able to - browser gives me same error message as with host. I thought I mentioned it in my first post, but now I see that IP part got cut off in that sentence for some reason - "I've also tried to access 2nd TinyPilot web interface via https:// - still no luck".

I have also tried different browsers, cleared cache and tried to access via 3 different devices with restarts (2 laptops, 1 desktop) - no luck.

Thank you for all your help.

1. David @david2024-05-20 18:03:09.771Z

Thanks for the info, @iRemote.

It's interesting that you can't access the TinyPilot web interface even with the IP address.

Can you tell me the error message you receive in your browser?

1. I@iRemote
                2024-05-20 18:51:33.551Z

Sure, these are both errors:

1. David @david2024-05-21 11:10:28.355Z

Thanks for those screenshots, @iRemote.

It's possible that your new TinyPilot is live on the network, but TinyPilot's software and services aren't running.

Could you try performing a factory reset to bring your new TinyPilot into a factory state?

If a factory reset doesn't work, could you try switching your working TinyPilot's microSD card with the other device to see if that changes the behavior you're seeing?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

ReplySolution
            2. I
              In reply toiRemote:
              @iRemote
                2024-05-22 13:02:39.960Z

Hi David.
                Switching working TinyPilot's microSD into a new one worked, so I assumed the issue is with a new TP's microSD card.
                Completed factory reset of new TinyPilot and it is working now.

Thank you for your assistance.

1. David @david2024-05-22 14:14:30.529Z

Thanks for the update, @iRemote. I'm glad you're back up and running with your new TinyPilot after a factory reset.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any questions.