No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Audio Streaming Support

By @pmcewan
    2024-05-20 15:11:18.033Zassigned to
    • @david

I just purchased the most recent TinyPilot Pro and updated to version 2.6.3 but I still can't stream audio
    I followed the troubleshooting guide, but I still can't get it to work in the latest Chrome browser with sound enabled
    How else can I troubleshoot this?

• 5 replies
    1. David @david2024-05-21 10:50:28.919Z

Hi @pmcewan, I'm sorry you're running into issues streaming audio via your TinyPilot.

Can I confirm that you have a TinyPilot Voyager 2a device? The easiest way to tell is that is has a metal case (which you can see on its product page, whereas our older devices used a 3D printed case.

Can I ask for more details about your setup? The more details the better - for example, the make and model of your target device (the device you want to control), the operating system of your target device, etc.

If possible, a TinyPilot log would also be super helpful. On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. P@pmcewan
          2024-05-27 21:40:58.302Z

Hi @david,

I have the metal case, and I just purchased it fairly recently

The target device is an HP Elitebook running Windows 10, and I'm using the latest version of Chrome with the web interface to see if I can get the sound working

Do you want me to recreate trying to get sound and then send a log?

1. David @david2024-05-28 11:20:44.389Z

Thanks for those details, @pmcewan!

It sounds like your setup should support audio streaming, so we'll have to dig deeper to find the issue.

Do you want me to recreate trying to get sound and then send a log?

That would be great! A TinyPilot log would definitely help here.

• P
          In reply topmcewan⬆:
          @pmcewan
            2024-06-17 10:56:11.230Z

Sorry, I was travelling and just got back to this. So I should play a sound and then send you the log from the menu?

1. David @david2024-06-17 14:15:32.337Z

No problem!

So I should play a sound and then send you the log from the menu?

Yes please - a log would be great here, just to check that your TinyPilot is running properly. On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

It would also be useful to see a screenshot showing your TinyPilot web interface not playing any sounds (i.e., there's no 🔊 icon on the browser tab) while there's sound playing on the target machine.