No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

No video signal (or garabled colors) after reboot

By Phil Miller @philone
    2024-05-20 20:33:42.676Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Hello. I just recently added a TinyPilot to a server to be able to send commands directly after reboot. This particular system has a finicky RAID controller and occasionally it'll need user interaction to continue to boot. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat where everything works great until the system is rebooted. After that it'll either show no signal, garbled colors, or some variation of a green screen. This particular server only has a single VGA output and I'm using the official VGA to HDMI converter to attach it to the TinyPilot. I've tried this both connected directly to the system as well as using an active VGA splitter (Startech ST122Pro) to split the video signal between a monitor and the TinyPilot. In both setups I get the same results. Typically, if I play with changing between MJPEG and H.264 a few times paired with a few restarts I can finally get an image to appear but by this point the system has passed the various boot messages I need to read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 replies
    1. C

Hi Phil, thanks for your message. I'm sorry you're having problems with the video signal.

You mentioned that you've tried using a VGA splitter to send the video signal to a monitor and your TinyPilot device simultaneously. Could you please confirm if the monitor shows the same garbled images as the TinyPilot device?

Could you please also send me a link to your logs the next time the issue happens? You can do this by going to System, then logs, then Get Shareable URL.