No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

What to expect now that company has been sold?

By @luckman212
    2024-06-05 02:57:39.917Z

I read various posts and news announcements over the past week about it—in case anyone hasn't heard—here's the "main" post by the creator of TinyPilot about the sale.

Just wondering what this means for us TinyPilot owners (I just bought mine a month ago). Will there still be software updates? New hardware models? Is the project/product "finished"?

I would love to hear any news or plans, even if they are "we don't know yet".

• 2 replies
    1. @scott
        2024-06-05 14:49:45.105Z

Hi luckman212,

I'm Scott, the new owner of TinyPilot.

First of all, thank you for being a TinyPilot customer. I hope you're enjoying your new TinyPilot!

As you pointed out, TinyPilot's founder (Michael Lynch) did recently sell the company. I was the person on the other end of the transaction.

I'm an independent small business owner who saw an opportunity to use my skillset to build on the strong foundation that Michael created at TinyPilot.

My goal is not to gut the business or drive it into the ground while trying to extract as much profit as possible, but to bring an even longer-term approach to the business to grow our customer base and product line.

To answer your questions; yes, yes, and no.

Software Updates
        TinyPilot Pro users will continue to get multiple software updates a year. These updates not only include bug fixes, but also completely new functionality and features. Our next update should be available by the end of this month.

New Hardware
        The Voyager 2a is a great little device that has been indispensable for so many customers. We're already in the beginning phases of designing its successor. Our focus is on creating even more value for customers and making an already great device even more robust.

Is the Product finished?
        It might sound cliché, but I would say we're just getting started.

One thing that attracted me to TinyPilot as a business was the community. We will continue to use your feedback to guide our software and hardware development - so don't be shy.

The entire TinyPilot team accepted offers to continue working with TinyPilot, so feel free to reach out to any of them with any questions. I'm also happy to try answer any questions here in this thread.

Thanks,
        Scott

1. L@luckman212
            2024-06-05 15:08:41.086Z

I appreciate the thoughtful answer and look forward to the future. Excited to hear that there's new hardware planned as well (even though I just got my 2a!)

Good luck with everything.