1. Home
  2. Technical Support

HID devices not working-mouse keybord not working

By zee Haf @zeehafeez
    2024-06-12 18:24:10.461Zassigned to
    • @david
    • 5 replies
    1. David @david2024-06-13 11:24:02.306Z

Hi @zeehafeez, I'm sorry you're running into input issues with your TinyPilot.

And thanks for sharing that log. The log confirms that your TinyPilot isn't able to send any mouse input to your target machine.

Was mouse/keyboard input working before?

Can you tell me more about your setup (e.g., is your target machine a laptop, desktop, server, or something else, and are you using a device like a KVM switch)?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. Zzee Haf @zeehafeez
          2024-06-13 18:45:26.415Z

Yes, the devices were working fine I am using tinypilot and a laptop

1. David @david2024-06-14 14:17:28.148Z

Thanks for confirming!

I'm wondering whether your laptop's USB ports turned off but didn't turn back on after putting it in sleep mode (or similar).

Could you try turning off your laptop (and TinyPilot), removing the USB cable, and then reboot the system (laptop, then TinyPilot, then connect USB)? I'm hoping that forces the device to reconnect to each other and restore USB input.

Please let me know how that goes.

1. Zzee Haf @zeehafeez
                2024-06-21 14:53:59.927Z

we have tried this solution but the issue remain the same

1. David @david2024-06-24 12:16:00.400Z

Thanks for the update!

Can I confirm that you're using the same USB cable that came with your TinyPilot device? We've found that many USB-C to USB-A cables (like ones designed for charging phones) don't support data transmission, meaning mouse and keyboard input doesn't work with certain cables.

Can I ask whether you're using a USB adapter or hub between your TinyPilot and laptop?