No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Im unable to move my cursor on Tiny Pilot on multiple devices

By Saad Ahmed Khan @sak4062
    2024-06-20 23:43:39.469Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi,

I have been facing the cursor and keyboard issue on my tiny pilot devices and this took the whole day of mine as a waste, production is going down due to this. Im also attaching the logs and i have tried rebooting the device as well. provide a best solution so i can fix it up.
    https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/bc20ZlX4

• 5 replies
    1. David @david2024-06-21 12:39:09.273Z

Hi @sak4062, I'm sorry you're running into this issue with cursor input.

Thanks for sharing that log. I can confirm that your TinyPilot doesn't seem to be sending mouse input to your target machine. I can't see any other issues with your TinyPilot based on the logs.

Can you tell me more about your setup (e.g., is your target machine a laptop, desktop, server, or something else, and are you using an intermediate device like a KVM switch)?

I know you already mentioned that you've rebooted your TinyPilot, but could you try the following process to try and get USB input working again? Could you try turning off your target machine (and TinyPilot), removing the USB cable, and then reboot the system (target machine, then TinyPilot, then connect USB)? I'm hoping that forces the device to reconnect to each other and restore USB input.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. SSaad Ahmed Khan @sak4062
          2024-06-24 20:15:34.055Z

Hi David,

The target machine is a laptop and connected to a KM switch, we have already tried the above solution which you have provided it didnt helped us

1. David @david2024-06-25 10:39:06.818Z

Thanks for those details, @sak4062.

Does TinyPilot's mouse and keyboard input work without the attached KM switch in the system? And can you tell me the make/model of the KM switch you're using?

1. SSaad Ahmed Khan @sak4062
                2024-06-26 13:54:27.805Z

TinyPilot Pro
                Software versions
                TinyPilot version: 2.6.3
                uStreamer version: 5.43
                System information
                OS version: Linux tinypilot 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
                Kernel architecture: aarch64
                Userland architecture: armhf (32-bit)
                Distribution name: Raspbian
                Distribution version: 11

Hardware information
                Hardware: BCM2835
                Revision: b03115
                Model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

1. David @david2024-06-27 11:17:56.520Z

I think I've misunderstood your earlier response. You mentioned:

The target machine is a laptop and connected to a KM switch

I think I misinterpreted that as you using a KVM switch (i.e., your TinyPilot connected to a KVM switch to control multiple target devices).

Could you clarify whether your TinyPilot connects to another device (like a USB hub, adapter, dock) when connecting to your laptop? If there's an intermediate device, does your TinyPilot's USB input work without it?