No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

No Signal on Voyager 2

By Scott Stauffer @ScottStauffer
    2022-02-21 23:16:43.449Z

I have no signal showing up. I tried a few different HDMI cables. I've tried a few computers with limited results on each. Cable and video work for an external monitor. Currently tried to setup a pfSense box with a Protectli device. I set it up before with a keyboard and mouse. Now the device is in a new location and in need of a new Firewall install. I installed the TinyPilot update, but no luck. This is currently not using the HDMI to VGA converter I purchased with the TinyPilot.

I can definitely send the systems logs

• 10 replies
    1. Scott Stauffer @ScottStauffer
        2022-02-21 23:24:29.334Z
        1. Sorry you're running into this, Scott!

I noticed this line in your logs:

Feb 21 23:24:06 tinypilot ustreamer[754]: -- ERROR [1514.101    stream] -- Unable to start capturing: Invalid argument

That usually happens when the target system is outputting a higher framerate than the TinyPilot can handle. Is it possible to reduce the frame rate on the target system? If that doesn't work, you can try reducing the resolution, but usually the "Invalid argument" error is a frame rate issue.

2022-02-22 16:00:09.597Z

It was a BIOS screen.
              I saw that too when I pasted it... kinda jumps out at ya! :)
              I think I saw in another post resetting something with a script?
              I just didn't know where that was done?
              Is that a terminal connection?
              Is there a KB document on how and were to run that script?

1. I think I saw in another post resetting something with a script?
                I just didn't know where that was done?
                Is that a terminal connection?
                Is there a KB document on how and were to run that script?

You can force a reinstall of all components, but the issue you're seeing is likely hardware rather than software, so I don't think reinstalling will help.

This is currently not using the HDMI to VGA converter I purchased with the TinyPilot.

I wasn't sure from this: are you using a different VGA to HDMI adaptor? Or does the pfSense box output directly to HDMI? If the former, it could be a defective or incompatible VGA to HDMI adaptor.

Are there any BIOS options on the pfSense motherboard to change the display resolution or framerate within BIOS?

2. A
            In reply toScottStauffer:
            Ashish Yadav @ashish9433
              2022-02-22 15:32:57.867Z

I am facing exactly same error since yesterday. Any luck? who can help us

2022-02-22 16:08:17.589Z

I'm hopeful I can get a resolution. In the US it was President's Day, apparently.
                  For me, in Canada it was Family Day for most of the Provinces.
                  Michael just gave a response. I feel, him replying on the next business day before lunch is great response time for a new business that is growing!
                  I think mine might need a reset.
                  I saw something in another post... Hoping that might be a solution for me.
                  I think I saw that there might be a roadblock in having the reset as a Web UI option - although that's sad to hear, as it seems like the best solution.
                  If No Signal is the biggest issue he gets, the presence of no signal, would ideally have a link to how to reset this, or display any error messages around failure of the stream.
                  If this isn't going to work for me, I can't really return it as the Shipping and Customs clearance fee was almost as much as the device!
                  :)
                  I have faith in Michael.

• A
                  Ashish Yadav @ashish9433
                    2022-02-22 16:36:36.297Z

Hi @michael

I am facing the same issue. I tried it with 2-3 different devices and restarted it couple of times as well.

It did not work.

1. @ashish9433 - Can you start a separate thread. Yours is a completely different issue. Somehow, uStreamer (the video streaming service) is no longer present on your system:

uStreamer configuration

uStreamer logs
                      -- Logs begin at Tue 2022-02-22 08:23:01 PST, end at Tue 2022-02-22 08:33:28 PST. --
                      -- No entries --

Did you make any changes that would have removed uStreamer?

1. AAshish Yadav @ashish9433
                          2022-02-22 16:51:32.878Z

Here is a seperate thread - No Video on Voyager 2

2. A
                        Ashish Yadav @ashish9433
                          2022-02-22 16:37:27.351Z