No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

can't wake computer using mouse/keyboard

By Dominik @domdorn
    2022-05-15 22:32:15.751Z

after some time of not using the computer connected to tinypilot, it seems it went to sleep. normally its possible to wake the computer by pressing a key on the keyboard or on the mouse, however with tinypilot this seems not possible?

please advice on how to wake the computer in this situation. its a dell xps running windows 10

Thanks,
    Dominik

• 3 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-05-16 17:09:32.802Z

Hello Dominik! Thank you for posting your question here. I'm sorry you are having this issue.

• Does the motherboard of the target computer support Wake on LAN? If so, you should be able to use TinyPilot WoL feature to wake it up.

• Otherwise, would it be possible to adjust the power settings for the target machine so that it doesn't suspend power after inactivity?

• Another solution you may try is using a mouse jiggler, to keep the target computer awake at all times.

1. A
          In reply todomdorn:
          Maken @alimaken
            2022-10-10 14:22:49.772Z

I am having a similar issue;

I am able to wake up host compute using logitech bluetooth mouse but I can not wake computer via tinypilot. I am wondering if there is a way that I can send click from tinypilot GUI when there is NO SIGNAL on GUI or if there is a way to simulate click from tinypilot terminal to wake up my computer. I am using WLAN instead of ethernet so I cannot really send WOL packet.

1. David @david2022-10-11 20:22:23.520Z

Hi @alimaken, sorry that you're running into this wake issue.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to send a click from the TinyPilot GUI to wake your target device. The underlying issue is a bug in the operating system and there's nothing we can do to fix it in the short term.

I've run into this issue before too, so I know how frustrating it can be. The current solution is to wake your target system with the logitech mouse you mentioned. And if you are able to, to change the sleep behaviour.

I'm sorry that there's not a better solution for this right now.