No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Web Interface No Longer Working

By Jeff Voogt @jmvoogt
    2022-06-30 03:25:31.669Z

Hey, I have a Voyager 2 PoE, that I purchased a month ago (5/17/22). I have been using it, and its been working very well. I always use the web UI to shut down the unit before i unplug PoE and relocate the Voyager 2 to a new location. about 2 weeks ago I shut the unit down, and when i tried to bring back online, the web interface is "dead" as in Chrome says the site cant be reached. The unit is pingable, so I know it is booting up, to some extent.

any ideas greatly appreciated!

• 10 replies
    1. O
      @ozzy
        2022-06-30 16:57:50.917Z

Same here I unplugged the v2 and after plugging back in web interface is no longer working, I can ssh into but thats about it.

1. JJeff Voogt @jmvoogt
            2022-06-30 17:51:45.891Z

i didnt turn on SSH when i had the chance. so i dont even know if i can do anything at this point. Hopefully tech support will give some ideas.

1. In reply toozzy:
              Diego @diego
                2022-06-30 22:29:04.993Z

Hi @ozzy. If you are up for some troubleshooting, it would be great if you could run the following command via SSH, to collect logs (copy the URL it will give you and paste it in your response):

sudo /opt/tinypilot-privileged/collect-debug-logs

• In reply tojmvoogt:
                Diego @diego
                  2022-06-30 20:55:39.535Z

Hello. I'm sorry you are having this issue. Thank you for reporting it here in the Forum.

• Can you paste here the error you are seeing in Chrome?
                  • Are you doing ping tinypilot or do you have to use the IP address?

SSH disabled: you can enable it by mounting the microSD on another computer and placing an empty file called ssh on the boot partition. Normally you'd be able to enable/disable SSH from the web interface, but obviously that's not helpful when you can't access the web interface.

1. O@ozzy
                      2022-07-01 04:01:21.844Z

In my case I can see the tiny pilot on tailscale as well as the remote.it and I can ping it ssh into it but the commands on ssh returns with syntax error below

pilot@tinypilot:~ $ sudo /opt/tinypilot-privileged/collect-debug-logs

/etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 1 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 2 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 3 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 4 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 5 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 6 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 7 <<<
                      /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 8 <<<

1. Diego @diego
                          2022-07-01 22:41:29.440Z

Hi @ozzy - It appears your microSD got corrupted as well. I'm afraid we can't do any troubleshooting if /etc/sudoers is broken. Unfortunately, you will need to perform a factory reset and reinstall both the Tailscale and remote.it clients. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. If you don't have a microSD reader, we can ship you a microSD card.

1. O@ozzy
                              2022-07-01 22:46:45.650Z

Hi @diego can you please go ahead with the card shipment? Thank you

1. Diego @diego
                                  2022-07-01 22:53:37.119Z

@ozzy - Yes, sure. Someone from support@tinypilotkvm.com will contact you to make the arrangements.

2. J
                            In reply tojmvoogt:
                            Jeff Voogt @jmvoogt
                              2022-06-30 21:37:59.273Z

here is the error from chrome.

1. Diego @diego
                                  2022-06-30 22:19:09.688Z

It looks like the microSD card got corrupted somehow. You can resolve this issue by performing a factory reset. If you do not have a microSD reader, we can ship you a microSD card.