No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Audio device Toshiba-H2C

By @vim
    2022-07-30 04:10:36.478Z

I connected TinyPilot to Windows and Mac, and I see Toshiba-H2C audio device on both laptops. Is it a way to disable the audio device so it is not recognized by laptops since TinyPilot doesn't support audio anyways. Or rename the audio device from Tohsiba-H2C to something else? Thanks!

• 3 replies
    1. Unfortunately, the TinyPilot web app doesn't offer a way to change how TinyPilot identifies itself to the target computer.

The string Toshiba-H2C is coming from the EDID for TinyPilot's HDMI capture chip (located on the device at /home/ustreamer/edids/tc358743-edid.hex). It's possible to adjust this EDID, but it's a binary format, so you'll need to use an EDID editing tool like AW EDID Editor.

This post explains how to apply a new EDID to TinyPilot that will persist across reboots and upgrades.

1. T@tinytiny
          2022-10-19 04:38:02.490Z

Hi,
          I have a question that can anyone identify my using TinyPilot by audio name?
          Hope to hear from you.
          Thanks!

1. David @david2022-10-19 12:01:29.450Z

Hi @tinytiny, thanks for your question.

We have an FAQ article that answers the question "Can anyone detect when I'm using TinyPilot?". As mentioned earlier in the thread, your target device might see an audio device labeled Toshiba-H2C. The Toshiba-H2C string comes from the EDID for TinyPilot's HDMI capture chip.

I hope that answers your question! Please let me know if you have any other questions.