No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Update Failed

By @16KVMs
    2023-02-10 23:37:15.311Z

I am facing latency issues, and would love to get the latest update to version 2.5.0. But when I try to update it, I get a failed to update error. These are my logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/jw0lAewM

• 4 replies
    1. 1
      @16KVMs
        2023-02-11 14:20:07.790Z

Any idea how I can fix it? Any sudo command I can run?

1. C
          In reply to16KVMs:

Hi @16KVMs, thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues updating.

It looks like some partially downloaded files may be causing the installation to fail. Can you please try restarting your TinyPilot device (by going to System, then Power and then clicking on Restart) to ensure all temporary files have been cleared and then try the update process again? You could alternatively upgrade to the latest version by factory resetting your device if you'd prefer.

1. 1
            In reply to16KVMs:
            @16KVMs
              2023-02-13 02:16:36.987Z

I did try restart multiple times it didn't help, reset will require an SSD card that I don't have.

1. C
                In reply to16KVMs:

I’m sorry to hear that restarting didn’t help. Can you please try visiting our download page, verifying your license details and then following the instructions for a command line installation? This will re-install TinyPilot using a slightly different method which will hopefully resolve the issue and get your TinyPilot device back up and running.

reset will require an SSD card that I don't have

The microSD card is included with your TinyPilot device (you can access it on the base of unit unit directly below the ports), so you should only need a microSD card reader to perform a factory reset. I appreciate that a factory reset can be a hassle and so I’m hoping that the command line installation above will solve the issue instead.