No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

speaker and mic

By face tech @sherif
    2023-04-20 20:01:56.001Z

OK I just get another new Tinypilot , I found a new feature for stream video.
    if there is any possibility for voices in 2 direction - work as speaker and mic ?

• 7 replies
    1. David @david2023-04-21 11:18:14.792Z

Hi @sherif, thanks for your question!

A few other users have expressed interest in using TinyPilot as a microphone input to their target machine. We have internal tickets open to look into how feasible it would be to forward audio to a TinyPilot device and output it to the connected computer as a virtual USB microphone. We don’t have a timeline yet, but we prioritize features based on user demand, so we’ll definitely consider your feedback in our planning.

Other users are experimenting with JackTrip to hack together this functionality themselves. So this might be something you're interested in researching further.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1. SSid @siddyBuff
          2023-07-27 05:07:31.063Z

Hi @david, any update on the mic support? or ETA?

1. David @david2023-07-27 11:07:10.070Z

Hi @siddyBuff, thanks for your interest in microphone support!

I don't have much of an update for you since my earlier post. We have tickets open internally to research microphone forwarding functionality for TinyPilot, but we don’t have a timeline yet. We prioritize features based on user demand, so I've added a note to our internal tickets to let the team know you're interested in microphone forwarding, and we’ll definitely consider your feedback in our planning.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feature suggestions!

1. GGhane Baal @ghanebaal
                2023-11-03 10:21:13.902Z

Hello @david ,

I would also like to register an interest for such a functionality.

Thanks

1. David @david2023-11-03 12:56:36.283Z

Hi @ghanebaal, thanks for your interest!

I've made a note on our internal ticket about your interest in bidirectional audio.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

2. In reply todavid:
              J@jojacknap
                2024-03-25 15:32:42.631Z

Hi,
                I was wondering what would be the cost of implementing this mic feature? It is critical for my use case, and probably more users than the ones requesting it here.

Thank you

1. Customers have asked about sponsoring development for certain features in the past, but it's never really worked out. Our dev team is just two people working part time, so implementing a feature like this would require all of their bandwidth for 3-6 months. The cost of sponsoring this feature would have to be something in the six-figure range for us to commit to working on this feature alone for 3-6 months.

I understand that it's an important feature, and it is something that's on our long-term roadmap, but I think we can deliver other features for a better ROI in the short-term.