No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Best solution for work call with tinypilot

By @hicham04
    2023-06-13 23:22:14.966Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Hi Team, I hope you are doing well. what is the best solution so far for doing teams calls remotely ? I'm traveling and I want to continue doing calls from my laptop. I know Tinypilot is not made for that, but I wonder if someone found a solution.
    thanks every one

• 5 replies
    1. C

Hi @hicham04, thanks for reaching out with your question about calls.

This is a popular request and we have internal tickets open to look into how feasible it would be to forward a microphone from the client computer to the target computer via a TinyPilot device. However, we don’t have a timeline for this yet. You might want to look into using JackTrip, as some of our other users have found it to be a viable interim solution.

1. H
        In reply tohicham04:
        @hicham04
          2023-06-16 01:32:15.870Z

thanks Charles for your response,
          just to understand, should I install jacktrip on the target machine ? or can I just use the digital bridge to connect to the Tinypilot?
          thanks

1. Thanks for getting back to me. We do have some internal tickets open to look into how JackTrip might work with TinyPilot, but it’s not something we’re familiar with just yet. However, I believe the usual approach is to install JackTrip on both the machine with the microphone and on the destination machine.

2. H
            In reply tohicham04:
            @hicham04
              2023-06-17 04:16:30.094Z

Hi Charles, I connected everything like "other users" , I'm complete ignorant regarding Raspberry, can you please tell me where to launch the commands and how?
              thanks so much for your help and time

1. Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, JackTrip is a third-party application that we’re not familiar with, so I’m unable to provide detailed support for it. We do have internal tickets open to look into it, but there isn’t a timescale for when that will happen yet. If you already know the commands you’d need to run you can issue them using SSH.

If you’re not comfortable with SSH and Linux, or you don’t know the commands you’d need to run, then it might be best to wait until we’ve had a chance to look into JackTrip ourselves, as it’s likely we’ll write up a tutorial if it appears to be a good fit for using on a TinyPilot device.