No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Keyboard and Mouse not working.

By @Raspberrykvm899
    2024-02-01 22:08:45.374Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I set up the TinyPilot KVM using my Raspberry Pi 4 8GB.
    I downloaded the recommended Raspberry Pi OS Lite Legacy file and created my micro SD card using the Raspberry Pi imaging tool with this downloaded img:
    2023-12-05-raspios-bullseye-armhf-lite.img

I originally had an issue with video, but was able to resolve that through this post:
    Failed to start Load EDID for TC358743 capture chip.
    (provides additional info about install method)

After getting video working, I thought I was having a voltage issue running the Raspberry Pi with a USB-A to USB-C cable connected to the computer on a USB 3.0 port.

I was receiving under voltage errors and decided to order the TinyPilot Power Connector to hopefully resolve this issue. I am still unable to get the keyboard and mouse working and have tried with the Raspberry Pi connected to a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 11 Desktop to ensure it wasn't the computer (multiple USB ports on each). The issue occurs on both. I have tried every USB A to USB-C cable I have and every Micro USB cable as well from reading other posts. I am still unable to get the keyboard and mouse working. The on screen keyboard on the TinyPilot web interface does not work either and trying the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-Delete from the web interface doesn't work either.

I feel like I have this almost running. Please let me know what I am missing.

I uploaded log files to this URL:
    https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/l7OdhzNU

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

• 2 replies
    1. Progress
      with handling this problem
    2. R@Raspberrykvm899 marked this topic as Done 2024-02-02 03:18:18.791Z.
    3. R
      @Raspberrykvm899
        2024-02-02 03:21:14.651Z

Sorry please ignore this one, I found one more USB-C cable and was able to get the keyboard and mouse working remotely. Wow, do I have a lot of useless USB C cables.

1. C

Hi @Raspberrykvm899, thanks for letting us know! USB cables vary in quality and compatibility, so this is something we've encountered a lot! In any case, I'm pleased you're up and running!