No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Raspberry Pi TinyPilot KVM mouse and keyboard issue

By @Raspberrykvm899
    2024-05-01 20:01:16.360Z

Hello,
    I have had this issue in the past and it turned out to be a USB-C cable I was using with the Tinypilot Power connector. After ordering a better cable, I have had no issues. I took t he system down to relocate and now that I have reconnected, I can't get the keyboard and mouse to function through the TinyPilot power connector. If I remove the TinyPilot power connector from the equation and connect the USB-USB-C cable directly to the computer and directly into the Raspberry Pi, all works well. I have tried the TinyPilot Power connector with every MicroUSB cable I can find and I am still unable to use the mouse and keyboard. There have been no software changes and other than disconnecting and maybe using a different Micro-USB cable, I can't find any possible cause.

This previous post probably gives the most info on my setup:
    Failed to start Load EDID for TC358743 capture chip.

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2024-05-03 12:09:38.068Z

Hi @Raspberrykvm899, I'm sorry you're running into keyboard and mouse input issues.

And thanks for sharing the details of your setup.

Can you share a TinyPilot log for me to review? On the TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

If I remove the TinyPilot power connector from the equation and connect the USB-USB-C cable directly to the computer and directly into the Raspberry Pi, all works well.

Can you tell me more about this test and what you tested?

1. R
        In reply toRaspberrykvm899:
        @Raspberrykvm899
          2024-05-03 14:40:52.616Z

Thank you very much for the response. Here is the log URL:

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/Kved72xF

When I tested the setup without the TinyPilot Power Connector in use. I connected the USB to USB-C cable directly to a Windows 10 laptop the other end to my Raspberry Pi 4 and was able to control the PC through TinyPilot KVM interface on my Mac with the mouse and keyboard using Firefox. If I then shut down everything and reconnect the TinyPilot Power connector, moving the USB to USB-C cable to the TinyPilot Power adapter, using a 3AMP Raspberry Pi Power adapter with micro usb adapter and an additional Micro USB cable connected to the PC for keyboard and mouse control and plugged into the TinyPilot on the data side, I then lose mouse and keyboard control on the PC.

Appreciate any help you can offer, logs were taken just now when TinyPilot Power Connector is in use and keyboard and mouse will not function through TinyPilot interface.

1. David @david2024-05-07 10:34:33.588Z

Thanks for the details!

You log confirms that your device is having issues with keyboard/mouse input, but everything else appears normal.

From your explanation of your tests, if you've tested multiple different Micro USB cables in different configurations, it sounds like the underlying issue could be the power connector. I've asked our customer support team to reach out to you about this - you should receive and email from them soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions.