No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Tailscale up is not working

By @tyler.boyette
    2024-07-30 17:57:23.551Zassigned to
    • @cghague

yesterday, tailscale stopped working and not able to do sudo tailscale up via ssh

• 12 replies
    1. T
      @tyler.boyette
        2024-07-30 18:03:16.449Z2024-07-30 20:21:45.386Z

I tried sudo tailscale status on ssh

1. T
          In reply totyler.boyette:
          @tyler.boyette
            2024-07-30 19:31:28.739Z

Also, I tried to update Error: Failed to request latest available version: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)>

But got this error

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/xvNfkluS

1. T
              @tyler.boyette
                2024-07-30 19:40:07.170Z

Also, I noticed that ping is not working. especially google and others. 8.8.8.8

1. T
                  @tyler.boyette
                    2024-07-30 20:22:23.696Z

@cghague
                    Could you please help me on this?

1. C

Hi @tyler.boyette, thanks for your message. I'm sorry you're having problems with connectivity. I've reviewed the logs you provided, and everything looks normal, so we'll need to investigate this.

Your TinyPilot device has a working Internet connection, as it can upload debug logs, so the ping failures could be due to filtering. The other two error messages relate to the security credentials on your TinyPilot device but don't point to a cause.

Can you please check that outbound connections from your TinyPilot device aren't being blocked on the network? Can you please also let me know if you made any changes, such as installing updates, to your TinyPilot device recently?

1. T
                        @tyler.boyette
                          2024-08-02 02:52:09.822Z

I didn't do anything recently. I also tried with factory reset and tried to install tailscale but it's showing same error

curl -fsSL https://tailscale.com/install.sh | sh
                          curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
                          More details here: https://curl.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
                          establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
                          how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

1. T
                            @tyler.boyette
                              2024-08-06 19:19:50.018Z

@Christopher78 I contacted the tailscale support team and got this message

"Having looked at the information you’ve sent me, it looks like this issue is specific to your Raspberry Pi. Based on the error message, it seems there might be SSL interception happening, which is often caused by a firewall or other security software. Do you have any security software running?"

Not sure how i can check for my tinypilot device for this.

Thanks

1. Thanks for sharing those updates!

By default, we don't install any security software on a TinyPilot device that affects Tailscale. However, you can install third-party software over SSH, so if you or anyone with access to your TinyPilot device has installed third-party software, that could be the cause. It's also plausible that one or more networks you use are filtering connections.

A factory reset would ensure that your TinyPilot device has no third-party software installed and its filesystem is undamaged. If, after the reset, you install Tailscale, and it works, then the problem is resolved. If the issue persists, you'll know it is due to a network issue.

2. T
                                @tyler.boyette
                                  2024-08-19 20:23:06.149Z

Hi Charles, I resolved the issue by fixing my wifi. And it's working now.

Thanks for your all help

1. Thanks for letting me know; I'm pleased it's working! If you're open to sharing the details, I'd appreciate it, as this was an issue we'd not seen before.

2. T
                                    @tyler.boyette
                                      2024-08-22 00:48:26.354Z

My wifi pause the tinypilot device and i unpause it on wifi app

Thanks

1. Thanks for sharing! We find information like this useful for future troubleshooting. Please get back in touch if you have any further questions.