No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Dual monitor
Is there a way to get access to dual monitors
    GeneralP12021-05-21 19:34:21.871Z
    NO VIDEO Signal when you boot the Server, Only when Windows Start but Mouse and Keyword works.
    The TinyPilot is conectet to the main VGA port on a DELL PowerEdge 2970 Windows Server. when you BOOT the server on TEXT Mode thee is not video Signal, so I can do any SetUp ot Boot configuration, THE Mouse and Keyword Works but not video, ONLY When ...
      GeneralCC82021-05-21 15:47:54.059Z
      No video signal and mouse HID issues
      Hello, I just started TinyPilot for the first time, I'm encountering a couple of issues. Here is my setup: KVM => Powered HDMI Splitter => TinyPilot / Monitor USB Keyboard web interface works through the KVM, but I can't get any video signal on the w...
        GeneralNN72021-05-20 20:05:15.174Z
        Setup with a MacBook Pro as the target machine
        Just got the TinyPilot Voyager. I have it connected to a MBP via a USB-C to HDMI cable. I have the data connection to the MBP via the microUSB to USB-A cable that came with the Voyager via a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I can access the web app but I’m no...
          Technical SupportB22021-05-19 22:20:57.410Z
          PS2 interfaces + VGA
          What adapters can be used to interface this unit to a KVM that uses PS2 & VGA , I believe there is a VGA>HDMI solution , which one is know to work well & what USB>PS2 Keyboard and mouse emulator are available and work well with this unit ? many thank...
            GeneralB32021-05-18 19:22:01.724Z
            Holding CTRL not working after update
            I have been using TinyPilot Voyager for remotely controlling my laptop, great product ! Holding down the CTRL key does not work as it is supposed to anymore after the latest update. CTRL itself works, but holding it down for GUI operations, like mult...
              GeneralK02021-05-17 23:17:16.372Z
              certificate error after importing ca cert into system store on MacOS Big Sur
              Hi, I just assembled my kit and the device is up and working great. Very cool. The only issue I have is that even after importing the cert into my store/keychain, chrome still doesn't like the certificate. I can't click through in chrome and in safar...
                Technical SupportSS72021-05-14 23:47:35.371Z
                multiple TinyPilots on same network
                Received 4 new TinyPilots and want to install all 4 on the same network. Looking for some guidance and/or directions to make each unit unique. I think the hostname needs to be unique but not sure how to accomplish that task or if that is the correct ...
                  GeneralM32021-05-13 17:37:23.213Z
                  Black screen
                  I've set up my tinypilot and can connect to it via a web browser. The mouse and keyboard are communicating with the host machine, but the screen is only showing black. I've reseated all the connections several times as well as rebooted. I'm using a k...
                    GeneralP22021-05-11 22:22:08.492Z
                    Service doesn't start after install
                    Hi I have used the quick install script. I see a 502 Bad Gateway error and the log shows the following: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.100.103, server: tinypilot, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0...
                      GeneralF142021-05-11 22:20:42.664Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Rename from "tinypilot usb" to "keyboard usb"?
                      Can you create a custom build that renames the recognized device name from "tinypilot usb" to "keyboard usb"?
                        Technical SupportBB42021-05-10 21:17:35.498Z
                        WOL Wake-On-LAN?
                        Hi. Apologies is this has already been asked. I searched and didn't see anything. I just ordered your kit a few hours ago and am reading. I know that you can't interact directly with powering the machine on and off, but have you thought about making ...
                          Technical SupportSS22021-05-10 20:43:21.252Z
                          Non-blurry images fail to load in docs
                          When I visit your docs in one particular Chrome instance, all of the images are hopelessly blurry and unusable, and there is an uncaught Promise rejection in the JS console. This doesn't happen in incognito or on my phone. There must be some browser ...
                            GeneralJJ62021-05-07 22:54:11.579Z
                            USB OTG on the 1st gen RPi B?
                            Hello, I installed TinyPilot on my RPi B (1st generation with 256Mb RAM), I only have these devices. The video stream does work properly, however I can't get USB input to the client PC to control it, that doesn't work. I'm using one of these USB-Y sp...
                              GeneralE32021-05-07 16:48:01.297Z
                              Mouse Not Working - Log Attached
                              TinyPilot logs May 05 13:26:02 raspberrypi python[530]: self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs) May 05 13:26:02 raspberrypi python[530]: File "/opt/tinypilot/app/hid/write.py", line 18, in _write_to_hid_interface_immediately May 05 13:26:02 raspber...
                                GeneralDD22021-05-05 23:57:37.726Z
                                Female to dual male splitter cable
                                Can i use female to dual male splitter cables? I used kapton tape to disconnect power from one cable.
                                  GeneralS12021-05-05 20:42:08.938Z
                                  Power Supply suitable for the UK, and questions about the dongle...
                                  Hello - I received my Hobbiest Kit today. It's very nice, but being in the UK the power block is somewhat useless. I was wondering if anyone could point me at a power supply suitable for the UK? Also in the instructions, it describes clicking the but...
                                    Technical SupportF12021-05-05 20:39:37.943Z
                                    Wifi trouble
                                    I set up the raspi wifi config to my main network but when I try to set up a different network configuration it doesn't take, and after the reboot it goes right back to the first configuration.
                                      GeneralM12021-05-05 13:19:26.359Z
                                      No KB or Mouse activity
                                      Hi - Brilliant device! Unfortunately, I can't seem to get KB/mouse activity. I have the "Hobbyist" kit. I'm using this to connect to a security-camera NVR system (a ReoLink RLN16-410. The video capture is perfect, but no KB/Mouse - any ideas / sugges...
                                        GeneralG02021-04-30 00:48:24.531Z
                                        Video brightness little dull
                                        Hi, I recently got my TinyPilot. I have set it up ,but I notice there is a difference in the brightness of the Target host in other monitor. Are there any configurations that can be applied so the brightness is retained ? Thanks
                                          GeneralG42021-04-29 19:19:02.072Z
                                          Older systems... SVGA adapter?
                                          I am considering a tiny pilot to do support at a remote location, but not all of the systems there have HDMI or DVI - many are still stuck at SVGA. Has anyone had verified luck with an svga -> hdmi adapter on the capture port?
                                            GeneralMY22021-04-29 15:07:06.107Z
                                            Two networks?
                                            Hey guys I think I am on my wired lan as well as my wireless lan. I see in my router two IP address for "tinypilot". Is there a way to disable the wifi? I am having some connection issues via VPN right now within my network. I can't seem to get video...
                                              GeneralH12021-04-28 20:29:23.498Z
                                              Cant access tiny pilot through a mobile or non desktop browser
                                              I am trying to access the tiny pilot url through a mobile phone and it dose not work, this is also the case for any non desktop browser.
                                                GeneralM32021-04-27 21:29:21.404Z
                                                Video lagging but mouse and keyboard aren't.
                                                Hello, Hello When I access my system from my local network I am not having any issues with the video however once I access it over the internet there is a 25 second video lags however if I refresh the webpage it there is no lag. there is no lag with ...
                                                  Technical SupportR72021-04-27 20:39:10.577Z
                                                  Audio Pass through
                                                  Currently there is no audio pass through.. Are you planning to have it anytime soon ? Thanks
                                                    GeneralG12021-04-26 21:38:04.468Z
                                                    server not starting up
                                                    I just got the tiny pilot and followed the instructions. When I go to https://tinypilot/ I get a server not found error
                                                      Technical SupportRR42021-04-16 16:42:56.273Z
                                                      How can I install the remote apps
                                                      How can I install any of these apps onto the device. Provider Setup Complexity Performance remote.it Easy Medium Tailscale Moderate High ZeroTier Advanced High
                                                        GeneralAA22021-04-13 20:00:54.290Z
                                                        New device not able to access
                                                        I have just received the device I am unable to access the same. Below is my screenshot
                                                          GeneralAA42021-04-13 20:00:06.888Z
                                                          Latency question
                                                          Hi Michael I'm trying to use the TinyPilot over the internet on a rather limited 4G/5G connection. I realize that this will in it self cause latency issues because of the slow connection. My setup is: A TinyPilot with VPN and local WiFi client. The T...
                                                            Technical SupportVV22021-04-06 12:51:38.566Z
                                                            Invalid username and password on 1st web server login
                                                            Hello, I'm starting to set up my 2nd Tiny Pilot Voyager. The first one went fine, but on the 2nd one, I'm getting this error, when trying to log into the web server: Invalid username and password on 1st web server login I logged in first through SSH,...
                                                              GeneralL32021-04-01 18:19:45.127Z
                                                              TinyPilot for Laptops?
                                                              I stumbled upon the TinyPilot build while scouring the internet for potential laptop/kvm solutions for my remote support scenarios. Previously I have used a Lantronix Spider for similar applications with desktops and servers. My biggest challenge is ...
                                                                GeneralE32021-03-30 22:11:54.196Z
                                                                Over the internet usage instruction
                                                                Hello Michael. In FAQ I can see 3 option to use TinyPilot over the internet. My problem is that it is not quite clear how to setup each of this options. Is it any chance you can create step by step guide what should be done in order to make it works?...
                                                                  GeneralP212021-03-30 22:03:31.093Z
                                                                  No IPV4 / Web interface
                                                                  I just received the TinyPilot today and have tried to connect it without much luck. It never seems to obtain an IPV4 address and my router never grants the device a DHCP lease. I can connect using SSH over IPV6, but the webinterface never comes up. B...
                                                                    Technical SupportV12021-03-30 14:45:47.631Z
                                                                    Blank screen on reboot
                                                                    When I reboot my server tinypilot goes to a black screen and I have to reboot tinypilot to get video back. Any way to fix this?
                                                                      GeneralJM82021-03-29 19:48:15.678Z
                                                                      Latest Update seemed to make Shift or Control clicking not work anymore.
                                                                      When I hold shift and left click on the mouse, or hold control and left click on the mouse (to select multiple items) on a remote PC, it no longer works for me, anyone else? I noticed it broke update before this last one, but thought I would wait for...
                                                                        GeneralAM102021-03-26 13:46:32.576Z
                                                                        Not sure why keyboard still doesn't work for me
                                                                        I ran the update to the latest version as of a few minutes ago but still get nothing at all either via the soft keyboard or from my hardware keys forwarding. Likewise no cursor movement. Any common gotchas for me to check? Since it doesn't appear to ...
                                                                          Technical SupportR32021-03-24 20:21:06.805Z
                                                                          Latest update disabled my ability to remotely control my computers.
                                                                          So with the set up I have, is a POE Hat, and a USB 3 cable with the V+ blocked and plugged into the PC from the USB Power slot of the Pi (4 Mdl B). This setup was working for me before I updated to the latest version and then I no longer have the abi...
                                                                            Technical SupportG2J2TR82021-03-22 12:57:41.016Z
                                                                            Two Preliminary Questions
                                                                            Can TinyPilot be installed on a Raspberry Pi that contains minimal pre-existing software on the device? Currently I'm running a RPi 4 2GB with PiHole and a few minimal scripts. Can I install the TinyPilot alongside this software, or does TinyPilot ne...
                                                                              GeneralC42021-03-19 22:49:52.021Z
                                                                              Hobbyist Kit vs Voyager
                                                                              I undertand the Voyager is finished - plug and go kind of solution. But with the Hobbyist kit you need too be comfortable to build and configure things. Beside that big difference - are there usable feature differences?
                                                                                GeneralS12021-03-16 21:28:38.329Z
                                                                                Enter on Num Pad - TinyPilot Voyager
                                                                                When I am using the old TinyPilot I had, enter on the num pad worked fine, but now when I push the enter on the num pad it looks like below. This is where I pushed the normal enter key, then the num pad enter key 4 times then the normal enter key. Fo...
                                                                                  Technical SupportA42021-03-08 23:30:54.397Z