No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Hello. Cannot connect to the tinypilot
Hello. I bought my pilot 2 wks ago. Tinypilot worked fine till yesterday. My computer and the tinypilot are on the same network. I can ping it but I cannot open anything in the browser. It shows err "tinypilot refused to connect." The ethernet connec...
    GeneralAAJ82023-01-18 14:35:57.264Z
    Keyboard not working
    Original data cable is plugged into DATA USB C port on Tinypilot Voyager 2 and then plugged into a USB 3 port on the target machine. Video works well, USB does not seem to work. Here are logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/HD4qpWF3 The keyboard bubbl...
      Technical SupportCC212023-01-17 00:44:26.674Z
      Video screen problem.
      Having issues with display back. Only option is to reboot the device. How do I go about getting this resolved?
        Technical SupportMS132023-01-16 12:40:39.160Z
        emulated mouse options?
        I'm using a tinyPilot Voyager 2 with an Iogear KVM switch. The KVM does not support the absolute positioning HID that tinyPilot presents; the cursor just freaks out all over the screen of whatever machine I connect to, which can be a little dangerous...
          Technical SupportKQ72023-01-13 20:02:34.021Z
          Detecting a Tiny Pilot...
          Is there any way for Tiny Pilot to be detected (as opposed to a standard kb, mouse, or monitor)? I see the computer show the standard "HID-compliant" mouse and keyboard... and a generic monitor via Device Manager. What about via WMI or other system q...
            Technical SupportEC212023-01-13 17:34:39.870Z
            TinyPilot Voyager 2 PoE problems with Ubiquiti UniFi Switch Lite 8 PoE
            I bought the TinyPilot Voyager 2 PoE last month, and it works fine with the USB power supply. I just bought the Ubiquiti UniFi Switch Lite 8 PoE which is supposed to provide 802.3at power ports. Connected over a PoE cat8 wire from the switch, while i...
              Technical SupportSP62023-01-11 12:18:13.225Z
              Technical SupportG72023-01-10 16:48:44.704Z
              Unable to see TinyPilot in IP scanner (TinyPilot not showing in Talescale)
              Hello Friends Need help with setting up TinyPilot for the first time on my personal laptop. Followed all the steps as mentioned but I am unable to see TinyPilot in IP scanner. Also the TinyPilot in the not showing in Talescale admin window). Tried al...
                Technical SupportP292023-01-06 13:14:51.095Z
                Browser Tab rename
                Hi, i would like to rename the tab name from "tinypilot" to something more common like "laptop1 ...". How can this be done?
                  Technical SupportTC292023-01-04 17:46:54.763Z
                  Lag Issues is H264 running properly.
                  Mouse/Keyboard has lag. 5sec-10sec. Sometimes 2sec How do I check if H264 is running properly? I get this message while following the steps in post https://tinypilotkvm.com/blog/whats-new-in-2022-05#enabling-h264-video. My logs https://logs.tinypilot...
                    Technical SupportTC212023-01-04 16:36:37.728Z
                    Explain icons...
                    How to reset tinypilot pro username and password if forgot?
                    I forgot the Tinypilot pro login username and password…how to reset???? I know this is a noob question :)
                      GeneralP3M42023-01-03 17:27:48.882Z
                      A few questions for new user
                      Trying to run wireless keyboard/mouse off usb dongle that's plugged into tiny pilot? Am I missing something here, I thought in normal hardwired KVM's you plug the USB dongle into the kvm switch and you're done. I'm not getting any output from these t...
                        Technical SupportM42023-01-03 17:24:34.987Z
                        How to install Tinypilot Voyager 2 - from Personal Laptop to J1 Work Laptop?
                        Hi all, here’s my situation: J1 requires me to work hybrid, at least 2 days in the office so I’m planning to bring my personal laptop so that I can do both J1 and J2 work on the same machine bought a tinypilot voyager 2 based on my research. So here ...
                          Technical SupportF12023-01-03 13:28:25.156Z
                          Is Direct VGA to USB Capture Possible?
                          I'm about to embark on my first TinyPilot installation. I have several systems that I'm wanting to manage, and I'm going the DIY route initially. As I was looking through the instructions for VGA capture, I see that the typical solution is a VGA to H...
                            IdeasB32023-01-03 12:32:33.085Z
                            how to set a static IP on 2.5.0 without Internet access
                            I just reflashed my TinyPilot Pro to 2.5.0 after I could not get it to work I wanted to set a static IP but I did not want to have to put this TinyPilot on the Internet just to download a script to apply the static IP address as shown in this post: h...
                              Technical SupportJ2C222023-01-02 15:48:56.162Z
                              Local vs. remote cursor horizontal skew
                              Hi, Got a voyager pro connected to an industrial windows 7 computer with a Quadro K620 that has DVI and Displayport output. Local display is using DVI and duplicate display is output using a couple of adapters through displayport->DVI->HDMI->TinyPilo...
                                Technical SupportAC262022-12-28 18:46:27.251Z
                                Tinypilot Voyager 2 Cannot Use POE
                                Hello, I am unable to use POE on my voyager 2. I hooked it up with internet and it looked like theres no power unless theres the USBC power
                                  Technical SupportL12022-12-27 14:25:47.765Z
                                  Reduced TinyPilot support over the holidays
                                  Happy holidays from the TinyPilot team! Over the next few days, the TinyPilot team will be taking some well-earned time off - including the support team here on the forum. You're more than welcome to continue posting and asking questions, but respons...
                                    General02022-12-23 21:35:14.463Z
                                    Can TinyPilot use HDMI camera as video feed.
                                    Hello, I have a specific use case in mind, one of our contractors needs remote access to an HMI panel with only USB and Ethernet ports. The USB is for the Mouse and Keyboard and since the panel has no video in/out I would like to use an HDMI camera a...
                                      Technical SupportP12022-12-23 13:24:11.609Z
                                      Cannot upgrade pro from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0
                                      I am using the GUI to try and upgrade. This issue I am having is that the upgrade says it is successful, but even after a reboot of the Voyager, it says it is on 2.4.0 and that upgrade to 2.5.0 is available. I have run through the upgrade process 3 t...
                                        Technical SupportM72022-12-21 12:10:18.045Z
                                        No Signal on DVI-Con KVM from Guntermann and Drunck
                                        Hello, we have a KVM-Matrix-Switch here in our Company. In our Office we are eight people with only one KVM and Monitor. So we decided to buy a tinypilot, to put the system into browser. The Guntermann and Drunck DVI-CON is the end of the KVM-Matrix,...
                                          Technical SupportTT22022-12-21 05:00:12.219Z
                                          Low Resolution/Bad Text Quality
                                          ( Using tinypilot voyager 2 with and without Tailscale). JPEG settings to max. Having rly big issue with reading text and poor resolution. Laptop with TinyPilot voyager 2 1080p over Ethernet. Can HDMI cable affect this? Tested on local network and th...
                                            Technical SupportT12022-12-20 13:02:49.076Z
                                            Bad Quality/Low resolution
                                            Hello, I just setup my Tiny Pilot, I see the quality is really bad. My internet speed is 260/300 mb. The laptop resolution is 1920x1080. The text is especially bad. Its readable but horrible quality.
                                              Technical SupportTT22022-12-20 11:07:57.692Z
                                              Mouse not working
                                              Hello, my remote mouse control has stopped working. I tried connect tinypilot to a different host USB port but no improvement. Also rebooted Tinypilot to no avail. Will appreicate any guidance. Thanks
                                                Technical SupportS2C212022-12-20 10:41:59.528Z
                                                VNC Viewer Support?
                                                I normally use VNC Viewer to connect to Raspberry PI at university because I can't configure firewall to connect any other way. Would it be possible to connect to the TinyPilot remotely using VNC Viewer (or some other internet connected option)?
                                                  Technical SupportLC212022-12-20 10:36:53.283Z
                                                  In stock KVM switch?
                                                  Hi folks, Checking https://github.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/wiki/KVM-compatibility I see the top recommendations are out of stock. Does anyone have a working, in stock KVM for 4+ servers that they can share? Thanks!
                                                    GeneralIC242022-12-20 10:27:31.321Z
                                                    KVM not working w/ TinyPilot
                                                    first of all, Merry Christmas @michael and @cghague I know you're busy building a successful business and all the likes, and there are multiple use cases for a TinyPilot - one of them that seems most common is expanding the use of it to multiple devi...
                                                      Technical SupportC12022-12-19 19:46:11.682Z
                                                      Setting up on Hotspot
                                                      How do I set up/connect to TinyPilot Voyager 2 on telephone hotspot. I am now in US Hotel and it has browser room login. I am out of country don't have my own router/isp. Any other cheap options to set it up need to check if it is suitable for my use.
                                                        Technical SupportT52022-12-19 13:09:49.163Z
                                                        TinyPilot Cloud Feedback
                                                        We're currently designing TinyPilot Cloud, a service that gives you secure, remote access to your TinyPilot device from anywhere in the world. We'd love to hear your feedback! What features do you want to see in TinyPilot Cloud? What questions do you...
                                                          GeneralRMRM112022-12-16 04:24:17.036Z
                                                          Unable to update. SSL Error
                                                          I tried to find the version on the Web GUI to include it on here but I could not find it.
                                                            Technical SupportL72022-12-15 13:57:08.356Z
                                                            Is there an Upload Limit for ISO's
                                                            Hi All, I'm attempting to transfer an ISO to the Voyager2 for the first time and it keeps crashing at ~50%. Is there a limit or something. What I'm uploading is about 5.5 GiB in size. Thanks
                                                              Technical SupportNC212022-12-15 01:38:58.773Z
                                                              Screen in BIOS is duplicating and distorted on TinyPilot View
                                                              Good Afternoon, Just started working with My Voyager2. I hooked it up to a laptop, ensured the laptop was displaying to an external monitor during POST. But when I entered BIOS it seemed to duplicate the image a bit on the left and right hand side. I...
                                                                Technical SupportNC212022-12-15 01:24:19.850Z
                                                                How do I change listen port of GUI for TinyPilot Pro?
                                                                When I was using the non-pro version of TinyPilot, I could use tinypilot_external_port: in settings.yaml to specify the port. I tried that with TinyPilot Pro and it doesn't seem to work. I added that to my settings, then ran the install script again:...
                                                                  Technical SupportMC232022-12-12 23:05:32.531Z
                                                                  Update Failed // Not Working with AMOS KVM
                                                                  I've had a Tinypilot since March since I began my software consulting journey. As I settled into my roles, the use for an IP-KVM waned, but I liked how the TinyPilot worked out of the box. I let it collect dust since February. Recently, the need to c...
                                                                    Technical SupportCC242022-12-12 15:15:32.516Z
                                                                    Unable to control device with tiny pilot
                                                                    Hello, When I connect to tiny pilot I am able to see the scree of the device and it mirrors the device properly. However at the bottom left of the screen it says Disconnected and I am not able to control the device. The same issue happens when I conn...
                                                                      Technical SupportRR222022-12-12 12:16:17.566Z
                                                                      Networking general questions.
                                                                      Looking at this device… I’m assuming it is a basic rpi with your custom OS. And a few security upfits. Would I be correct in the following assumptions— It will use default gateway routing for remote routing say over a VPN. Ip chain functionality via ...
                                                                        Technical SupportR2C212022-12-11 19:28:37.415Z
                                                                        General technical questions about security and usage
                                                                        Hello everybody, we're thinking of buying a TinyPilot, but we'd like to understand certain aspects of the device and the software before. 1. Security of the transmitted screen image stream We have understood that the TinyPilot offers a Web Interface ...
                                                                          Technical SupportGG62022-12-10 11:59:36.285Z
                                                                          Tinypilot pro on default RPI OS
                                                                          Hi all. I recently purchased two Voyager 2s. I have been using TInypilot (non-pro) software with RPI4, self bought HDMI dongle and a USB-C data/power splitter from Tinypilot. Software-wise, I have my RPI4 set up exactly the way I want to. I want to r...
                                                                            Technical SupportMC2M62022-12-08 16:29:38.561Z
                                                                            USB A to Serial Cable
                                                                            Is there a possibility to add (From TinyPilot) USB A to USB (or RJ 45) console serial cable support? This way the TinyPilot could connect to serial-based devices and provide an out of band function? This could include a USB to RS232 FTDI chip support.
                                                                              IdeasBJC232022-12-08 15:22:02.050Z
                                                                              HDMI works fine, the HDMI to VGA adapter does not
                                                                              I want to use this for servers that only have VGA outputs, and the HDMI works fine. I've tried powering the VGA adapter on the computer and with its own power supply. Please assist as soon as possible, this is useless to me without VGA.
                                                                                Technical SupportR2C212022-12-05 22:50:54.990Z