No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Error installing
I'm trying to install the software on a brand-new configured Raspberry Pi 4 with: curl \ --silent \ --show-error \ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/master/get-tinypilot.sh | \ bash - && \ sudo reboot ...but I get th...
    Technical SupportSC/C32024-06-14 00:12:26.951Z
    mouse wheel scrolling not completely captured
    Hello, I've submitted a support ticket regarding an issue with my TinyPilot setup. Here are the details: I'm utilizing TinyPilot to facilitate remote access for an individual located in India. TinyPilot Details: Location: USA Connected to MacBook Pro...
      Technical SupportV/122024-06-11 12:01:03.164Z
      Tinypilot - Not connecting and showing this error
      Hello, I am getting this even after multiple restart. Can you please help?
        Technical SupportA/12024-06-11 11:19:30.387Z
        Tinypilot host name change
        system->hostname option is missing from tinypilot web interface. I purchased recently on device to test and after upgrading to version 2.6.3 hostname option has disappeared. I need to put ~200 tinypilot devices in my datacenter without name change op...
          Technical SupportB/12024-06-11 11:09:08.055Z
          Passthrough Storage For Backups
          I use Veeam Windows/Linux Agent to backup my client machines. If I ever need to do a restore, step 1 is to boot from the VeeamRecovery.iso (which would be loaded via TinyPilot). Step 2 would be to tell Veeam Recovery to grab my backups from a network...
            IdeasPL/32024-06-10 11:55:59.619Z
            Strange display corruption
            I have an ancient server I am having issue with. Tinypilot boots at 640x480, but then once it boots into an OS the display gets corrupted. I tried the EDID fix, but to no avail. Trying to recover a system that is having issues but cannot get in. http...
              Technical SupportB/32024-06-10 11:13:52.736Z
              What to expect now that company has been sold?
              I read various posts and news announcements over the past week about it—in case anyone hasn't heard—here's the "main" post by the creator of TinyPilot about the sale. Just wondering what this means for us TinyPilot owners (I just bought mine a month ...
                GeneralLL22024-06-05 15:08:41.086Z
                Tinypilot is failing to stream h.264. Keeps disconnecting on MJPEG
                Tinypilot is failing to stream h.264. Keeps disconnecting on MJPEG It is stuck frozen on MJPEG
                  Technical SupportGC/C32024-06-03 20:32:27.807Z
                  500 Internal server error
                  Im trying to get connect to tinypilot.local I’m unable to get access. Please provide me some tips
                    Technical SupportRC/C42024-06-03 20:15:32.886Z
                    Spanish qwerty keyboard bad maaping in Login prompt of Ubuntu machine
                    Hi Guys, I have connected my Tiny to an Intel NUC which has Ubuntu 22.04 installed. I can access and use Ubuntu without problems but if I lock desktop, when I put my password the keyboard distribution is not OK. For instance "_" character is on "?" i...
                      Technical SupportW/32024-06-03 14:03:04.703Z
                      Explain icons...
                      How to save configuration
                      Since there seems to be a lot of questions here where the answer is "I sounds like you have a corrupted OS," is there a way to save the configuration so it can be restored later?
                        Technical SupportSC/C32024-05-29 22:51:42.689Z
                        tinypilot nvr integration
                        dear group, i bought tinypilot pro, in order to control my two nvrs in server room( ground floor) from my office ( first floor ) via our local lan . i bought all hardware mentioned in the video View on YouTube as of now i cannot use mouse movements o...
                          GeneralJB/122024-05-28 11:10:29.310Z
                          able to acess tinypilot.localadmin but not via hostname
                          Hello I just re-imaged my tinypilot as it was not accessible. I renamed it hostname as previous one (tinypilot-1) which was the name I had prior to it stopped working The reimaginghas been done perfectly However it is accessible via tinypilot.local b...
                            Technical SupportS/12024-05-27 11:14:51.544Z
                            Please add a way to cancel a virtual media upload
                            I'm preparing a TinyKVM and am working on uploading the images that we think we'll need in the first 90 days locally from my desk. Some of these images are 10-16GB (we're using a 128GB USB Flash Drive instead of the microSD). I made the mistake today...
                              IdeasSC/C12024-05-25 02:37:53.679Z
                              Video Quality Over Internet
                              When I use TP on my local network the video is perfect and looks exactly like the screen on the laptop I have connected. When I go away from home, I use TailScale, and the video quality goes down. What solution gives the absolute best experience as i...
                                Technical SupportFC/C12024-05-25 02:33:44.864Z
                                how do i create a backup of my tinypilot? or install packages to do so?
                                for instance sysupgrade -c -k -b /tmp/tinypilot.tar.gz doesn't work, there is no package installed for sysupgrade, how do I back it up other than yanking out the sd card and creating a copy via GUI? Thanks
                                  Technical SupportMSC82024-05-25 02:28:31.464Z
                                  "This root certificate is not trusted"
                                  Mac OS Sonoma 14.3 Chrome Version 124.0.6367.91 (Official Build) (arm64) I tried deleting and re-adding without any change. Howdy! I have a new TinyPilot Pro I'm configuring. When I follow the FAQ entry for installing the cert, I get the following er...
                                    Technical SupportC/32024-05-24 11:33:50.690Z
                                    New TinyPilot. Can't login
                                    Hi there. Second TinyPilot I purchased couple of weeks ago is not working, I can't access web interface. I have changed host name on my first TinyPilot (both are on the same network). Rebooted both. I verified hostname for 1st TP has changed (alpha, ...
                                      Technical SupportI/72024-05-22 14:14:30.529Z
                                      Technical Issue with TinyPilot Voyager 2a
                                      Hi there, I've been using the TinyPilot Voyager 2a for two weeks without any problems. However, after shutting it down last Friday, it's not working properly upon restarting on Monday. While SSH access is fine, the web interface shows that TinyPilot ...
                                        Technical SupportDC/C52024-05-21 22:44:55.051Z
                                        Media Requested with Windows 10 Install
                                        It is certain I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Created an ISO, uploaded and mounted it to install on a machine. The machine boots from the virtual mounted media (USB or CD-ROM do not seem to matter). Howeve...
                                          Technical SupportWLRC/C102024-05-21 22:41:11.575Z
                                          No video signal (or garabled colors) after reboot
                                          Hello. I just recently added a TinyPilot to a server to be able to send commands directly after reboot. This particular system has a finicky RAID controller and occasionally it'll need user interaction to continue to boot. Unfortunately, I'm in the s...
                                            Technical SupportP2C/C12024-05-21 21:32:44.533Z
                                            Windows 11 - missing USB Storage
                                            Hello, Windows 11 based installations can't see USB Storage, so installation from Virtual Media is not possible. Is there any workaround ? Thanks.
                                              Technical SupportVL52024-05-21 11:01:00.858Z
                                              Display capture issue
                                              Hi Guys, I'm using an RPi4 with a USB HDMI capture card. Every time I reboot the RPi4, the screen cannot capture the target machine, and it only shows the color bar display. To resolve this, I need to reboot my target machine before it will display t...
                                                Technical SupportJC/C42024-05-20 16:19:37.181Z
                                                Getting error trying to load windows 11 from ISO
                                                Trying to load windows 11 iso in virtual media set in Flash mode. Shows up ad USB CDROM: When I try to to boot to it I get this:
                                                  Technical SupportU12024-05-20 15:29:40.623Z
                                                  Two cursor moving from my personal laptop when try to use my targeted computer
                                                  I connected my tiny pilot and for my targeted computer to my personal computer and when I try to use the computer from my personal computer I see two cursor moving I click on desire tab and it get click on another tab that I do not want
                                                    Technical SupportM/52024-05-20 14:33:21.018Z
                                                    Can't connect Tinypilot
                                                    Hi, I've used the Tinypilot so far and it worked fine. Yesterday, I bought a new one and I tried to change the hostname of it. It showed me an error but now for some reason both of Tinypilots are not working. Can you please help me to resolve this is...
                                                      Technical SupportJ2C/C42024-05-16 22:54:26.165Z
                                                      How do we know when it's safe to unplug power?
                                                      When shutting down the TinyPilot itself (Voyager2a PoE), I notice the fans stay on and spinning eternally. How do I know when it's safe to unplug the unit? I have already corrupted my SDcard once apparently from disconnecting too early. Is there any ...
                                                        GeneralLC/C112024-05-16 22:45:06.457Z
                                                        Tinypliot is not working
                                                        Hi, I am getting white screen. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/yc0VrUEL
                                                          Technical SupportTCT/C52024-05-16 16:34:43.763Z
                                                          No Video after PC restart
                                                          After receiving the TinyPilot 2a got it installed and all worked perfectly. I removed the existing monitor, keyboard and mouse and replaced with the cables connecting to the TinyPilot. Again it worked perfectly. I am using the HDMI to VGA purchased w...
                                                            Technical SupportN/52024-05-16 11:25:41.184Z
                                                            Updating Failing and video stream stopped working after i tried
                                                            Hi, I'm trying to update my Voyager 1 and it keeps failing with the following message: The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2. After my first attempt of installing the update but fail...
                                                              Technical SupportT/72024-05-10 18:58:09.769Z
                                                              New TinyPilot Power module, USB is maybe loose?
                                                              Hey, I just got a new TinyPilot and am attempting to use it with a new micro USB cable. At first it did nothing, then I realized if I apply pressure a certain direction on the micro USB power socket, the LED comes on. if pressure (even gravity) is ap...
                                                                Technical SupportJ/52024-05-10 18:57:28.166Z
                                                                Using WinPE to Image via a WIM
                                                                Good afternoon! My company purchased a TinyPilot for testing. We are looking at deploying these to machines in our customer's production environments. (Minimum of 2 TinyPilots per site, hundreds of sites) I would like to have the option for the USB v...
                                                                  Technical SupportP/32024-05-10 18:48:28.665Z
                                                                  Technical SupportM/22024-05-10 08:40:03.611Z
                                                                  microSD image
                                                                  Hi Michael, I suspect a corrupted image due to user error. Can I request the latest TinyPilot microSD image?
                                                                    General112024-05-09 18:37:50.380Z
                                                                    Technical SupportCY/C122024-05-09 11:52:23.901Z
                                                                    H264 stopped working after update
                                                                    I think H264 stopped working after I updated my tinypilot. Here is the log: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8ZozEYHl
                                                                      Technical SupportM/12024-05-08 12:01:58.668Z
                                                                      Tiny Pilot not running
                                                                      Hello, Have a TinyPilot voager that for some reason will not let me connect (i have previously been able to connect to it). When I go to the browser to try and connect, I get the message "Tiny Pilot is not running". I was able to ssh into the device ...
                                                                        Technical SupportT/52024-05-07 11:22:44.406Z
                                                                        The device transmits neither video no keyboard
                                                                        We are able to access the tinypilot from the browser. However, it does not do what it should - there is no video, no keyboard translation. The device is connected to a VGA port of the dell R410 server with the HDMI- VGA adapter and keyboard uses the ...
                                                                          Technical SupportB2/42024-05-07 11:16:24.832Z
                                                                          Raspberry Pi TinyPilot KVM mouse and keyboard issue
                                                                          Hello, I have had this issue in the past and it turned out to be a USB-C cable I was using with the Tinypilot Power connector. After ordering a better cable, I have had no issues. I took t he system down to relocate and now that I have reconnected, I...
                                                                            Technical SupportR/32024-05-07 10:34:33.588Z
                                                                            The unit is not working. Need to return
                                                                            How do we return the unit which is not working at all?
                                                                              Technical SupportB2/12024-05-06 11:26:51.576Z