No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Can we change fan speed for the Tinypilot?
Is there any way that we can change fan speed of the tiny pilot?
    Technical SupportBC/C12023-05-08 10:50:31.667Z
    Unable to SSH on macOS Monterey
    I was reviewing the forum for SSH related changes that can be made to TinyPilot and wanted to change some settings via SSH but found out I could not even SSH in macOS Monterey. My TinyPilot works fine otherwise. Anyone else encounter issues with macO...
      Technical SupportSC/C32023-05-05 11:22:15.274Z
      Failed Upgrade
      I rand the upgrade on my Voyager and it froze half way through. It was then giving an error of "Error: Missing expected kind field" when I tried to run the updates again. It has been rebooted and I'm getting 502 bad gateway. I then was going to downl...
        Technical SupportACA/C52023-05-04 13:22:57.833Z
        No signal - KB/mouse works, but no video
        I just received my new TinyPilot Voyager2, connected it to one of my servers (same model as I will have at a remote site where I plan to deploy this TinyPilot), connected the VGA-HDMI adapter (purchased alongside the TinyPilot), and I can send keystr...
          Technical SupportFC/C52023-05-03 17:08:53.314Z
          Having to restart tiny pilot once every 24 hours or so
          Im running the mouse move script via putty. Once every 24 hours or so I have to restart the tiny pilot because I start losing control of the MAC its connected too. Is there a way to set an automatic restart up until this issue is resolved?
            Technical SupportHCH142023-04-27 14:53:49.010Z
            Client cert for tinypilot web interface
            I am considering setting up the tinypilot nginx server to require client certificates. I would create a self signed client cert for my browser and require client certificate authentication on the nginx server. I think this plus port forwarding may be...
              Technical SupportS212023-04-27 14:03:07.219Z
              TinyPilot Power Connector with the pi zero W?
              Would I be able to use the TinyPilot Power Connector to run TinyPilot on a pi zero w/ Wifi or is there some hardware limitation I am overlooking. Pi4 so hard to get at the present moment.
                Technical SupportDC12023-04-27 12:39:13.545Z
                Tiny power connector, so very good!
                I got the tiny pilot power connector and I love it. The website pictures don't do it justice. Just a thought, you need to show a setup with the power connect and then w/o it. It reduces the number of parts:no usb-c power needed with long wire going t...
                  Technical SupportD12023-04-27 11:18:59.302Z
                  Getting 502 Bad Gateway error
                  Everything was working as expected with Tinypilot stopped working showing 502 Bad Gateway.
                    Technical SupportPCP92023-04-27 01:47:44.760Z
                    Video streams, but no sound for DIY. Paid only feature?
                    Does the DIY support audio or is that only included with the pro version?
                      Technical SupportD12023-04-26 18:17:05.114Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Using remote.it to access tinypilot allows me to see the screen, but the keyboard does not work and at the bottom it says disconnected
                      Using remote.it to access tinypilot allows me to see the screen, but the keyboard does not work and at the bottom it says disconnected. Has this been encountered before? Just some more info, I have the Pro version and made the DIY version. The Pro ve...
                        Technical SupportD32023-04-26 18:02:57.771Z
                        Can't control mouse and keyboard
                        Hello I connected windows and tinypilot I can see the screen via tinypilot But can't control the mouse and keyboard. I can see green light with solid red on tinypilot Is this a problem with data cable? The data cable that I received is the USB -A on ...
                          Technical SupportMC32023-04-26 14:51:50.398Z
                          should tinypilot voyager 2a power up with a standard usb c cable?
                          packing up for a trip and owuld be nice to know....save me the space of taking the adapter when i can just take a cable...thanks?
                            Technical SupportM12023-04-24 11:35:41.002Z
                            Audio & video cuts out
                            Hi, I'm having an intermittent issue with audio cutting out (H.264). I managed to capture logs during one of these interruptions. Video was interrupted here as well. It was fixed with a refresh. I was using Chrome on macOS. https://logs.tinypilotkvm....
                              Technical SupportS232023-04-21 18:27:59.714Z
                              Continuous Keypresses (Holding a key down) doesn't register
                              I have a tiny pilot hooked up to a machine that I am doing videogame development on. Everything is great except for when I drop into the actual game either through the UE editor or through a build I cant move my character around using WASD. The chara...
                                Technical SupportICI22023-04-20 03:38:36.599Z
                                H.264 audio cutting out
                                Hi there, I'm having intermittent issues with audio cutting out. The H.264 status at the bottom of the window never goes away or shows an issue, but the sound just drops. I can reliably fix it by hitting refresh in the browser window and it comes rig...
                                  Technical SupportS2CS242023-04-19 23:04:23.337Z
                                  8 servers/ 1 TinyPilot
                                  Can a Tiny Pilot support up to 8 devices? Also, what are the devices needed to ensure that I can do a reset of my device or access the BIOS of my device with TinyPilot?
                                    Technical SupportM42023-04-19 14:16:34.883Z
                                    Audio is interrupted and will not play for long periods of time in environments with relatively high latency.
                                    TinyPilot Voyager 2a is used. Audio output frequently stops in environments with relatively large delays (50ms-100ms). This does not occur in environments with small delays (5ms-50ms). Video continues to be displayed without problems. I am using tail...
                                      Technical SupportS52023-04-18 09:24:50.314Z
                                      TinyPilot USB connection is recognised as what?
                                      When connecting TinyPilot to a PC, what is it recognised as exactly? Only HID? And what kind of HID?
                                        Technical SupportT32023-04-18 09:06:07.949Z
                                        Video disconnects every 10 seconds
                                        Hi I just got my TinyVoyager 2a. I'm unable to remote access my laptop for any longer than 10 seconds. The video disconnects, and when it reconnects it changes from H.264 to MPEG with an exclamation sign next to it. Moving the cursor is next to impos...
                                          Technical SupportS32023-04-17 11:30:46.884Z
                                          Tinypilot non-responsive after mounting anything
                                          Hey all, I love my TinyPilot but as of late, I am having an impossible time with it. I am trying to mount Ubuntu and boot into it, it works 1/5 times sometimes less. I go to mount the image, everything freezes. I can no longer interact with the host ...
                                            Technical SupportRC12023-04-17 09:17:00.908Z
                                            Can I install both tailscale and zerotier
                                            Hi, I am wondering if the tinypilot Voyager 2a can have both tailscale and zero tier installed at the same time. Just wondering if there will be conflict since they both are VPN. And also is there any step by step instruction for zerotier like the on...
                                              Technical SupportGC12023-04-17 08:53:40.913Z
                                              No keyboard/mouse only at Filevault login screen
                                              I've been playing with the hobbyest kit and have had no issues with a few linux systems. I had a friend get the Voyager for use with a headless Mac Mini she has. The keyboard and mouse don't work until we get past the filevault login screen. Kind of ...
                                                Technical SupportBS3CM2B192023-04-14 20:47:33.236Z
                                                Upgrade Failed, Now not connecting bad gateway error
                                                Hi Team I have a vougaer 2 series tiny pilot, I was upgrading it from the web GUI, which failed and after that it refuses to come online I am using the device for some important role, it worked fine for the last 9 months until now. Please someone hel...
                                                  Technical SupportM2C12023-04-14 15:20:36.481Z
                                                  Raspberry Pi 3b or other "Pi"
                                                  I'm curious.. given the lack of availability of the Raspberry Pi 4.. Does your project have any strict dependencies on the RP4 or could a 3B (got a ton of those laying about) work, or even a LIbreComputer, RockPi, OrangePi, or BannaPi? (all are Arm b...
                                                    Technical SupportDC12023-04-14 15:02:54.126Z
                                                    H.264 frequently (but not every time) fails on Safari, reliably works in other browsers
                                                    Subject says it all. Safari on Mac can almost never use H.264, giving this error message: TinyPilot failed to stream video output from your target device using H.264 compression. See "System" > "Logs" for diagnostic details. Refreshing the page or re...
                                                      Technical SupportN52023-04-14 11:08:39.585Z
                                                      Upgrade error
                                                      Cannot upgrade pro form 2.5.0 to 2.5.3 First time. The upgrade procedure didn't go more.. the log is as blow I tried once more, then I encountered the difference response "The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' retu...
                                                        Technical SupportC52023-04-14 11:00:52.418Z
                                                        Screen saver keep alive?
                                                        I'm curious to know if there's any way to keep the screen saver of my connected PC from activating while I'm away? Is there a command line way to interact with the keyboard where I could send a keystroke every X minutes? Or is there a way to send a s...
                                                          Technical SupportS2C32023-04-13 17:58:03.636Z
                                                          Video stream type switching back and forth
                                                          the video type keeps switching back and forth between h.264 and mjpeg causing the screen to disappear momentarily and then come back. have attached logs and screen recording. assuming its a resolution issue? https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8C6kLN3m htt...
                                                            Technical SupportB12023-04-13 11:03:23.226Z
                                                            Restricted work laptop
                                                            Hello, I work for bank fully remote with restricted laptop. They always track IP address. I’m not able to travel with my company laptop. Laptop is using remote desktop system with their own vpn. Am I able to use Tinypilot to connect my laptop during ...
                                                              GeneralZU22023-04-10 17:59:04.328Z
                                                              Technical SupportM12023-04-07 20:24:56.130Z
                                                              Cannot switch to h264 video, log attached
                                                              Update: tried with chrome and it is working fine. Maybe it is just not supporting safari browser? I tried to switch to h264 video setting. However it is not successful.
                                                                Technical SupportBC32023-04-06 20:16:29.285Z
                                                                Not a problem per se but how do I make the webpage only display the screen and not borders
                                                                Title says it all - I have a widescreen that can show 3 tinypilot kvms if the borders werent there. Is there any way to have the stream fill the borders of the page instead of having the borders/header/footer? Essentially I'm looking for it to look a...
                                                                  Technical SupportT32023-04-05 21:26:28.026Z
                                                                  502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.14.2
                                                                  Just got a new Voyager 2 new out of the box. When attempting to browse I get: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.14.2 What do I do here?
                                                                    Technical SupportJS2P242023-04-05 21:16:40.189Z
                                                                    Tiny Pilot is very noisy
                                                                    It’s making lot of noise soon as i start it.
                                                                      Technical SupportJ2CJ262023-04-04 15:06:43.658Z
                                                                      Tinypilot stopped responding
                                                                      Hello, My tinypilot has stopped responding. It is not showing connection green light and 'no-sigNal' screen. It seems it does not exist on network. What should I do to bring it online ? Thanks SJ
                                                                        Technical SupportS2C102023-04-04 13:11:32.238Z
                                                                        how can i see the public ip my tinypilot is giving out?
                                                                        i have a setup where i have a client from russia connecting to my tinypilot...and then to a client laptop. my question is how do i make sure the client laptop is not seeing a russian ip, but the tinypilot's wireguard/tailscale ip (which should be a n...
                                                                          Technical SupportM12023-04-03 18:25:18.561Z
                                                                          Can access tinypilot via tailscale through browser BUT NOT on LAN
                                                                          for some reason can't ssh into my tinypilot on lan but can acess it via browser...can someone please explain what's going on? tried to intput the lan addrsss directly, and it wont work.
                                                                            Technical SupportMC92023-04-03 14:25:24.918Z
                                                                            how do i create a backup of my tinypilot? or install packages to do so?
                                                                            for instance sysupgrade -c -k -b /tmp/tinypilot.tar.gz doesn't work, there is no package installed for sysupgrade, how do I back it up other than yanking out the sd card and creating a copy via GUI? Thanks
                                                                              Technical SupportM62023-04-03 11:38:43.470Z
                                                                              How to install a second tinypilot in addition to the existing tailscale??
                                                                              Hi, I recently purchased my second tinypilot (TinyPilot Voyager 2a). My first tinypilot is TinyPilot Voyager 2. How exactly do you install Tailscale on my second TinyPilot Voyager 2a? I tried to follow the installation steps as my first TinyPilot Voy...
                                                                                Technical SupportFW72023-04-03 11:15:18.913Z