No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Update failed 2.4.1 -> 2.5.0
First off love the software veryyyy convenient!! Previous web-gui updates have worked without issue, until now. The logs show "ERROR Update process timed out" --- After multiple reboots, I am at a loss. Is there a bash script to run the update throug...
    Technical SupportC52022-10-21 11:43:14.768Z
    Browser hot-keys
    I saw that chrome app enable cmd-t and cmd-w to work properly according to this: https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/browser-hotkeys. When I open a browser on the target device and press cmd-t, it correctly opens a new tab in the target device. However, a c...
      Technical SupportJC12022-10-20 19:46:11.660Z
      Use TinyPilot to remote my PC instead of software remote software while I'm away from the office
      Can this be done? my thinking is I would need 3 things The TinyPilot an HDMI Splitter so I could see my screen while I'm in the office and the TinyPilot has the HDM as well to access while I'm away Possibly an LTE router for internet access to the Ti...
        Technical SupportZ12022-10-20 15:28:05.136Z
        New TinyPilot Voyager 2 Video distorted
        Using the VGA to HDMI adapter, I'm getting terrible picture on a Dell PowerEdge R240 server (we have 4 of these servers and they all do the same thing). The screenshot below is of the Ubuntu Server install screen using the ISO image uploaded to the T...
          Technical SupportTKA172022-10-20 15:16:57.966Z
          how to connect office laptop to personal laptop?
          Hi, I need hardware setup for office laptop with my personal laptop.
            Technical SupportJCCJ22022-10-19 18:29:50.851Z
            how to connect 2 server
            Hi, In my home network, how to connect 2 target machines? need a 2 tiny piolet? then,how can i identify target 1 to one laptop and target 2 in another laptop? I have only one internet connection in my home.
              Technical SupportJCC22022-10-19 16:12:30.797Z
              Audio device Toshiba-H2C
              I connected TinyPilot to Windows and Mac, and I see Toshiba-H2C audio device on both laptops. Is it a way to disable the audio device so it is not recognized by laptops since TinyPilot doesn't support audio anyways. Or rename the audio device from To...
                Technical SupportVT32022-10-19 12:01:29.450Z
                Can sound be included over HDMI?
                I just received my TinyPilot today, and it works great! I am connecting to a MacBook Pro 13” M1, and everything works as expected. I had just one question. Is it possible to include sound over the HDMI link? Certainly sound can be transmitted via HDM...
                  IdeasLT32022-10-19 11:49:35.561Z
                  502 Bad Gateway after reboot
                  Issued a reboot to the system and after reboot, trying to connect to the web service results in a 502 bad gateway. ===================================================== Checking logs, see the following being repeated over and over. Oct 17 08:31:23 02...
                    Technical SupportC102022-10-18 22:08:50.226Z
                    Can TinyPilot work with phones and VPN?
                    Hi, I'm looking at the Voyager 2 and I want to know if it will work on a phone (Samsung model) and using tailscale to remote into it from another location? I'm not familiar with tech stuffs, but I tried to use RDP to remote into the phone and was blo...
                      Technical SupportZ12022-10-17 11:26:48.507Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Default to fullscreen at connect or remove virtual keyboard
                      Hello, We are using 3 of these units to allow access to operators from various setup benches around the shop and would be great if we could default to fullscreen at connect time? also would a good way to make them view only be to just remove the USB ...
                        Technical SupportJC12022-10-14 15:07:12.212Z
                        Failed to Complete Update 2.4.1 to 2.5.0
                        Hi, trying to update from 2.4.1 to 2.5.0 I'm getting The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 1. Here's my log: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/quQa13J2 Thanks.
                          Technical SupportNC32022-10-12 21:02:34.196Z
                          unable to change my TinyPilot voyager2 use at static IP
                          Hi There I have followed your guide regarding change my unit from the default DHCP til static IP: https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/static-ip But i keen getting an error every time. Here i my first try: pilot@tinypilot:~ $ export TINYPILOT_STATIC_IP="10.1...
                            Technical SupportHC12022-10-12 14:26:55.579Z
                            can't wake computer using mouse/keyboard
                            after some time of not using the computer connected to tinypilot, it seems it went to sleep. normally its possible to wake the computer by pressing a key on the keyboard or on the mouse, however with tinypilot this seems not possible? please advice o...
                              Technical SupportDA32022-10-11 20:22:23.520Z
                              Can I access KVM from internet with VPN
                              If I have a laptop in US on my VPN and another laptop in Europe on the same VPN , are they both considered to be on the local network and I can just access the US laptop in Europe using the tinypilot url? Or do I need to still use cloud solutions, re...
                                Technical SupportN12022-10-11 09:16:00.652Z
                                No Video (Multiple Computers)
                                I am having an issue with no video with a brand new TinyPilot Voyager 2. Tried with both HDMI direct and HDMI to VGA adapter. (Tried this on 2 different laptops, same cables work fine with mutliple test monitors. Logs below: uStreamer logs Oct 06 22:...
                                  Technical SupportM32022-10-10 18:13:14.414Z
                                  Keyboard Not Working
                                  Hello, I am attempting to use tinypilot through an azure virtual desktop (AVD) connection, but the keyboard is not passing through to the tinypilot browser page. In my AVD setup the virtual machine that is serving the bowser that I am using, is conne...
                                    Technical SupportG52022-10-10 11:12:20.551Z
                                    Upgrade failed
                                    I tried to upgrade through the web GUI and can no longer access the tiny pilot from my browser. I am able to ssh in and rebooted the system from there, but it still doesn't work. The last message in the browser from the upgrade attempt was "Failed to...
                                      Technical SupportSS72022-10-07 20:36:54.179Z
                                      Does not work consistently from Intel NUC, works from macbook M1
                                      Team, I have a tiny pilot that is a KVM for a locked down laptop. When i web into it, it works perfect from my macbook pro M1 Firefox, but does not work consistently from my windows 10 Intel NUC Firefox/Chrome/Edge. Nothing changed and this used to w...
                                        Technical SupportJ52022-10-07 17:38:43.530Z
                                        Sending CTRL Sequence via on-screen keyboard
                                        Dear Tinypilot, Thank you for a wonderful product. My problem involves using the TinyPilot and two identical IOGEAR 4-port KVMs, at the same time. Short version: I am having difficulty sending the sequence "CTRL","CTRL","2","ENTER" via TinyPilot on-s...
                                          Technical SupportE112022-10-07 16:58:48.878Z
                                          Can I use Multi TinyPilot to control Multi Laptop on the same lan ?
                                          Can I use Multi TinyPilot to control Multi Laptop on the same lan ?
                                            Technical SupportSLB72022-10-07 11:50:03.130Z
                                            How many Device/ Workstation Connected or login with Voyager 2
                                            How many Device/ Workstations Connected or login with Voyager 2
                                              Technical SupportB12022-10-06 11:11:41.826Z
                                              How to access KVM from different country
                                              i have one KVM i need to access KVM from a different country
                                                Technical SupportB12022-10-06 10:49:22.721Z
                                                PC Off, Not working or Cables Unplugged
                                                Is it possible to tell from the logs if the remote PC is off, not working, or if the cables are not plugged in? Scenario: We have a server that we are trying to upgrade the RAM in and using remote handles that aren't technical and we only have them f...
                                                  Technical SupportT212022-10-05 10:29:09.211Z
                                                  Failed to Complete Update
                                                  Coming from 2.4.1 Recent fresh install. Pro version. Voyager 2 The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.
                                                    Technical SupportN32022-10-04 19:08:32.620Z
                                                    New install of TinyPilot - USB failing
                                                    Hello, I have searched around the forums but haven't encountered this issue. I bought the items from the do-it-yourself page (including the USB data/power splitter) as I already had a Pi model 4 b lying around. Once I had all the items I formatted th...
                                                      Technical SupportAA32022-10-03 23:41:01.598Z
                                                      Device is not turning on
                                                      My new tinypilot is not powering on . Please help .
                                                        Technical SupportM252022-10-03 18:36:42.854Z
                                                        Display not clear enough to be readable.
                                                        hi first of all I want to thank you for such a wonderful project and product. I will come straight to the point. I have setup a POC of the tinypilot and using h264 configuration connecting it to my HP laptop. Display is not very clear/blurry on tinyp...
                                                          Technical SupportAKA42022-10-01 03:25:21.079Z
                                                          "No Signal" when connected to Xbox Series X
                                                          No video is appearing when I hook a voyager 2 up to an Xbox Series X. I'm able to connect the voyager 2 to a PC without a problem and the Xbox works when connected to a TV. Is this an HDCP issue?
                                                            Technical SupportA72022-09-30 11:11:07.061Z
                                                            Access Tiny Pilot set static IP
                                                            How can I set Static IP on TP
                                                              Technical SupportR12022-09-27 16:40:55.023Z
                                                              No LAN Connection on New Device
                                                              Hi, Just received a TinyPliot KVM, plugged in, the device received an IP from DHCP but will not respond to anything. Tried the following: -Rebooted -checked cable -SSH'ed -All URLS no work -ping local IP no response I am no the same subnet so there i...
                                                                Technical SupportMM22022-09-26 19:35:16.968Z
                                                                Installing H264 issues
                                                                Hello When I try to install the H264 video, I do get an error. Please see the error below TASK [ansible-role-janus-gateway : Clone janus-gateway] **************************************************************** fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"change...
                                                                  Technical SupportJ112022-09-26 14:30:03.758Z
                                                                  TinyPilot 2 w/ remote.it unusable, 60sec+ per mousemove / keystrokes
                                                                  I've installed a new TinyPilot Voyager 2 over wifi (not ideal, I know, but it worked well enough testing locally and there was no hardwire near the computer needing the KVM). It worked locally, and initial testing (at home) worked slower but acceptab...
                                                                    Technical SupportD22022-09-26 12:55:03.839Z
                                                                    TinyPilot Voyager 2 hdmi output seems to be intermittent
                                                                    Hi there, I just received TinyPilot2 and been setting it up. I always have a hard time with the HDMI display (it's hdmi to hdmi) on multiple devices (a nuc, 2 laptops, a desktop) and multiple combination of cable brand (i have tried 8 different brand...
                                                                      Technical SupportR42022-09-22 21:25:59.881Z
                                                                      TinyPilot Voyager 2 just quit working
                                                                      I have been successfully using (and loving) my TinyPilot Voyager 2 for a while now and all of a sudden, I am not able to access it. I have tried to ping it with no response. I followed steps in: TinyPilot not getting an IP address? without success. I...
                                                                        Technical SupportD42022-09-22 12:40:05.501Z
                                                                        Passthrough Storage For Backups
                                                                        I use Veeam Windows/Linux Agent to backup my client machines. If I ever need to do a restore, step 1 is to boot from the VeeamRecovery.iso (which would be loaded via TinyPilot). Step 2 would be to tell Veeam Recovery to grab my backups from a network...
                                                                          IdeasP12022-09-21 18:52:22.154Z
                                                                          Will not connect
                                                                          After following Tiny Pilot website instructions the device failed to connect to anything. No Ethernet lights, no activity light and no functioning monitor, keyboard or mouse. Only solid red light and fan show any indication of life.
                                                                            Technical SupportH12022-09-21 11:45:37.033Z
                                                                            Technical SupportJ202022-09-21 03:55:30.989Z
                                                                            Need to Disable Keyboard for DVR
                                                                            Thanks to David, I've now got my TinyPilot working great. However, the DVR it's connected to can only use a mouse input, and it appears the keyboard signal may be causing the mouse control to choke. Is there a simple way to disable the TinyPilot USB ...
                                                                              Technical SupportK32022-09-16 18:40:04.280Z
                                                                              TinyPilot connected to network but cannot reach the user interface
                                                                              Hello! I can no longer reach the tinypilot user interface in my browser despite the device appearing to be normal. My home network configuration tool shows "tinypilot" as a DHCP client with a local address. I can ping that address and receive a respo...
                                                                                Technical SupportA32022-09-16 18:02:06.175Z