No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Tiny Pilot Limitation
Hi Support, I have one Pi-KVM which is working fine with every Intel Core i Series server. However, when it connects to some of the Intel Xeon E3/E5 servers, it will have display problems. For example, Intel Xeon E3-1220v5 and E5-2603v3. May I know w...
    Technical SupportLC/C12023-07-17 08:50:10.448Z
    Sometimes space key is not detected...
    Just a heads up, I was having issues with my space key not being detected every so often (the key registered in the bottom right corner of the tinypilot session but was colored in red). After checking if it was my keyboard, my browser, my USB cables,...
      Technical SupportDC/C22023-07-17 08:37:28.211Z
      HTTPS not accessible
      Hi, I am not able to access my Voyager 2 (latest community version) via https, but I can access via http (without the s ). I have tried all the following but to no avail: https://tinypilot https://tinypilot.local https://tinypilot.localdomain However...
        Technical SupportRC/C12023-07-13 09:03:49.438Z
        Can't access tiny pilot interface
        I purchased the tinypilot voyager 2a, i did all the necessary setup and i can't access any of the 3 interfaces. Error states: This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in tinypilot.local. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN How do i fix this?
          Technical SupportR32023-07-11 08:12:00.381Z
          What are the odds of file corruption?
          Hi there. So i own one tiny pilot with the pro licence, that i used to hold a chair in a company. I haven't been away for more than a week to do a hard test in it's strength; That said i have 2 questions, and please be frank haha; 1 - what are the od...
            Technical SupportXBC/C32023-07-10 23:00:09.870Z
            Tinypilot shows up as the audio device on windows for connected computer....
            it is the output device...how do I disable it? or at least put it as 'speakers' or something more generic sounding
              Technical SupportM/12023-07-10 12:01:57.709Z
              "Pre-boot" control of headless Mac
              Hello. I am clueless and found this via Google. Desired use case: I have a headless Mac Mini that I'd like to be able to remotely control (KVM) even when (regular) OS is not working (recovery mode, pre-boot options, etc.). Assumptions: this product p...
                Technical SupportCC/C12023-07-07 09:26:25.854Z
                Questions before I buy it.
                Is the device has ATX Control? I mean for turning on/off my PC by using this tinypilot device. If there is a power outage at my home and it is restored, will this device automatically startup? Thank you
                  Technical SupportA/82023-07-06 11:22:45.430Z
                  update issues
                  Hi, I'm trying to update my device using the GUI but it stucks at «retrieving update logs from TinyPilot device ». When I try to show logs on the menu it says «error retrieving debug logs». on ssh any command return /etc/sudoers: syntax error near li...
                    Technical SupportACA/C32023-07-03 16:48:37.514Z
                    Possible to add a Mouse Jiggler?
                    Would like to be able to keep remote device awake that doesn't have typical "sleep" settings.
                      GeneralPGTT112023-07-03 16:25:18.701Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Technical SupportBA72023-07-01 01:29:51.394Z
                      Issue with mouse cursor offset
                      I have a tiny pilot voyager 2a device with one inch horizontal offset for mouse cursor. I have tried changing resolution of the target device, setting it to different resolutions didn't help. I have tried changing the EDID how it's mentioned in the s...
                        Technical Support1/72023-06-30 14:27:43.360Z
                        Audio issue with Macbook Pro (macOS Monterey)
                        Hi , I am trying set up TinyPilot with my Macbook Pro(macOS Monterey) but audio is not working via HDMI. screen and keyboard/mouse work well but no audio receiving it. I also tried select "Sound" output as HDMI but it says " The selected device has n...
                          Technical SupportR2/52023-06-28 14:23:22.990Z
                          unable to login after password update
                          unable to login after password update , tried to reset by mounting SSD card.. do not see file. On the microSD's root partition, delete the file /home/tinypilot/tinypilot.db.
                            Technical SupportG/12023-06-27 14:44:46.224Z
                            Tiny Pilot Image for Reset
                            Hi, TinyPilot is not booting up and I would like to reset it. Can you please send me the image that I can use to reset as my subscription ended last month? Thanks,
                              Technical SupportA/12023-06-27 11:09:48.448Z
                              Select box in web page not working
                              Great product! A web page I developed has a select box that won't work via tinyPilot, but fine otherwise. Using svelte and https://github.com/rob-balfre/svelte-select If you like, I could build a minimal example with source code.
                                Technical SupportDC/C162023-06-26 13:05:59.431Z
                                TinyPilot on normal computer hardware, Keyboard issues
                                Hello I couldn't afford the TinyPilot gear but I did buy the HDMI USB capture card I've got TinyPilot software installed and I can see the KVM with target screen fine, that part works ok I couldn't get the keyboard working properly and I did some inv...
                                  GeneralJD32023-06-22 12:44:35.745Z
                                  Question before I buy Tiny Pilot
                                  May I know that is there any solution from your company to make Tiny Pilot can "wirelessly" connect "more than one" server/device? Kindly advice even if there is any way to achieve one of the objective (wireless or connect more than one) Thank you.
                                    Technical SupportLC/C12023-06-21 14:43:01.124Z
                                    Updating Failing
                                    Hi, I'm trying to update and it keeps failing with the following message: The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2. I first thought it was due to read-only mode, so I turned that off. U...
                                      Technical SupportR52023-06-21 11:02:38.308Z
                                      Best solution for work call with tinypilot
                                      Hi Team, I hope you are doing well. what is the best solution so far for doing teams calls remotely ? I'm traveling and I want to continue doing calls from my laptop. I know Tinypilot is not made for that, but I wonder if someone found a solution. th...
                                        Technical SupportHC/C52023-06-20 17:04:45.308Z
                                        How to avoid hot keys in the OS
                                        Similar to the question here. Browser hot-keys One problem of running tinypilot, even if in app mode, is the operation system hot keys are still in effect. This is a big problem, for example I might want to switch workspaces in the tinypilot connecte...
                                          Technical SupportC/12023-06-19 11:21:54.485Z
                                          Connecting to Tiny Pilot
                                          I just got a Tiny Pilot and I am excited, however I have some hurdles to cross. I do not have a router where I am staying, currently connected to a hotspot. This prevents me from having an IP address associated with my TinyPilot My TinyPilot is plugg...
                                            Technical SupportESCH62023-06-17 04:12:28.580Z
                                            Tiny Pilot ISO Mount
                                            We are experiencing a few problems with the Tiny Pilot and was hoping for your input. As background, we have a Tiny Pilot at a customer in Germany, which we are intending to use to install windows, to a connected laptop via the ISO mount feature. We ...
                                              Technical SupportM/32023-06-16 11:22:17.124Z
                                              Tinypilot Pro failed to update
                                              Web GUI error "The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2." SSH error "TASK [tinypilot.tinypilot-pro : get TinyPilot repo] ************************************************ fatal: [localho...
                                                GeneralC2S2S72023-06-15 18:39:23.241Z
                                                File transfer via tailscale
                                                Can i able to transfer files using the tinypilot and tailscale ? I can able to send the file to tinypilot. I don't know where to check n download to target computer Kindly check the image n reply back In my tinypilot device next to lan cable 4 usb sl...
                                                  Technical SupportVC/C12023-06-15 11:49:49.524Z
                                                  TinyPilot Voyager 2a not detectable
                                                  Hi all, I just received the TinyPilot 2a and it worked for 10min just fine, when I rebooted it is not working anymore, it is not detected on my network and after diagnosis, it says TinyPilot is not on your network. I have checked on your forum and I ...
                                                    Technical SupportH/42023-06-14 11:06:01.599Z
                                                    Technical SupportC232023-06-13 12:35:58.378Z
                                                    Tiny Pilot Voyager: Paste operation substitutes characters
                                                    Wow ! That almost drove me mad trying to authenticate myself using my password manager ! hahaha Just realized that our newly acquired Tiny Pilot Voyage (not V2) with latest firmware 2.3.1 substitutes characters during a simple copy paste from host to...
                                                      GeneralTFC262023-06-12 13:34:51.805Z
                                                      How to change the TinyPilot name as the output display name
                                                      Hi. I have followed the instructions mentioned here https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/change-edid to change the name and entered the commands as is. However, the display name in the Mac is still showing as TinyPilot. Is there any thing additional that I h...
                                                        Technical SupportFC/C22023-06-12 13:26:10.429Z
                                                        copy and paste
                                                        Hello. Is there any way that we can cut and paste, from one computer to another where the other the one under Tiny pilot
                                                          Technical SupportJZ52023-06-12 13:23:20.657Z
                                                          Controlling 4 PC’s in home server rack.
                                                          Hi there. I found TinyPilot online while searching for a solution that would be able to remotely control and view 4x bare metal 1L PC’s at a full bios/boot visibility level. I have these going into my home server rack - they are based in the rack alo...
                                                            GeneralB/12023-06-08 11:28:04.734Z
                                                            Trying to see if TinyPilot is the right product for me
                                                            I'm hoping to remote control to a workstation that requires Cisco AnyConnect to log in. Would I have any challenges using TinyPilot?
                                                              Technical SupportT/12023-06-07 01:51:17.774Z
                                                              Remote monitor keep disappearing
                                                              I recently bought TinyPilot , Initially I had issues with Latency but ever since i switched to H.264 the latency issue is no more but now I have new issue where monitor keep disappearing after few seconds I can still see the keyboard . I am using chr...
                                                                Technical SupportS112023-06-07 01:23:38.755Z
                                                                Technical SupportM32023-06-06 05:04:54.057Z
                                                                Tiny Pilot Installation fails with Raspberry Pi 64 Bit Lite OS
                                                                Hi, I am trying to install TinyPilot on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2 GB RAM. I installed the Pi OS Lite 64 Bit. When I run the install with below command as root, curl --silent --show-error https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/master/ge...
                                                                  Technical SupportVC/C12023-06-05 23:08:22.528Z
                                                                  @ sign not at expected spot (german keyboard tested)
                                                                  Hi, I just noticed, that I cannot find a way to get the "@" (at) sign used on a machine that is connected to the TinyPilot. What works: a.) Pressing directly (no TinyPilot involved) the @at sign on the remote machine (remote: machine where TinyPilot ...
                                                                    Technical Support/102023-06-05 00:17:11.469Z
                                                                    ERROR [1409.073 stream] -- Can't start capturing: Invalid argument
                                                                    It was all working fine, all of sudden I was getting no video signal. There was nothing changed on my target computer. So far, I replaced all the HDMI cables and did factory reset also, still same error. Anyone can quickly help, I would appreciate it...
                                                                      Technical SupportAC/C12023-06-04 21:58:44.379Z
                                                                      Tinypilot wont complete update
                                                                      Hello, I have a tinypilot pro, that isnt completing the update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 Here is a link to the log file: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GDtZJMb0 please let me know how to resolve. Thank you!
                                                                        Technical SupportJ32023-06-01 00:40:10.013Z
                                                                        Does TinyPilot support dual or multi-monitor setups?
                                                                        I often have to work on machines remotely that have dual or multiple monitors. Does TinyPilot support this function? Thanks.
                                                                          GeneralMBMP92023-05-31 22:42:55.813Z
                                                                          Unable to switch to H.264
                                                                          https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/ipW5dz0v
                                                                            Technical SupportTT2C/C32023-05-31 18:08:35.674Z