No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Can't Hear Audio Streaming
I have the Tiny Pilot Pro and I just updated everything to the latest, but the audio is not working The image I downloaded says Tiny Pilot Voyager 2a, but the help still says Tiny Pilot Pro Does that mean it's not supported? Since the help says it's ...
    Technical SupportP/22024-01-23 12:44:14.191Z
    TinyPilot installation
    I've read through the FAQ documents but am still confused. I have three laptops, laptop A and B. Laptop A will have TinyPilot plugged in. Laptop B is on the same network as Laptop A. Laptop C will sit in a different network and access Laptop A. I und...
      Technical SupportG/12024-01-23 12:24:16.735Z
      Failed to start Load EDID for TC358743 capture chip.
      Hello, I have tried to follow the guide to setup my TinyPilot KVM using my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB. I purchased a USB HDMI capture device just like the one in this guide: https://tinypilotkvm.com/blog/build-a-kvm-over-ip-under-100#how-to-build-you...
        Technical SupportRR/22024-01-23 12:07:28.637Z
        Version 2.5.0 - Keys are not mapped correctly anymore
        Since a while i can not use the key > or pipe key anymore. Keyboard layout is MAC and Tiny is displaying a windows version. I guess this problem came with an update. How can this beeing solved.
          Technical SupportT/142024-01-22 19:04:42.690Z
          How can I feed the Tinypilot h264 stream into a media proxy
          I've got a use case where people at a central office location wants to have view only h264 streams from Tinypilot devices deployed in remote locations with metered internet (Starlink). We have a working implementation for that using RTSP cameras feed...
            Technical SupportA/62024-01-22 13:33:25.337Z
            Supported USB image format
            I have a use case where I may be given a bootable USB stick to do an OS test build. My TinyPilot is at a remote location, so I cannot plug the USB directly into target host nor TinyPilot rear USB ports, but can instead VPN to the site, get on Tiny Pi...
              Technical SupportJC/C12024-01-20 02:14:06.980Z
              user login log/notification
              is there a way to keep track of user log ins or trigger notification when a user logs in?
                IdeasBC/C12024-01-19 02:03:22.102Z
                Renaming the device, Device shows under Mass storage device -
                How to rename the device ? Currently it shows as tinypilot USB device It currently shows under mass storage devices under Device Manager Is it possible to have it show up as something more generic? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/dr...
                  GeneralTA2AC122024-01-19 02:01:40.272Z
                  Please add expected checksums to the image download page
                  Hi. My voyager 2a is failing to boot so I'm going to flash the card with tinypilot-voyager-2.6.2-2023-11-09T1727Z.img downloaded from your website. I'd like to be able to check the downloaded file has the expected contents. Please put the expected sh...
                    Technical SupportJC/C32024-01-19 02:00:17.085Z
                    record sessions
                    is there a way to record sessions?
                      IdeasBC/C12024-01-19 01:58:55.164Z
                      Explain icons...
                      USB Ports
                      What are the USB ports for? What is the one in the black and the blue? Is it 2.0(Black) and 3.0(blue) ? How can I use it for other than load virtual OS?
                        Technical SupportA2C/C12024-01-19 01:56:38.277Z
                        Remote work Internationally
                        i am planning to go back to my country for couple months, and trying to access my work laptop which is gonna be at my house in NY USA, is this device gonna be helpful if connecting from other country and do the work in USA without my company knowing ...
                          Technical SupportMA2ZM92024-01-18 22:45:13.135Z
                          EDID modification
                          Hi guys, I hope you are doing well. I'm still struggling with changing the edid of my tinypilot , I have very little knowledge and trying to do my best. I used the procedure : https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/change-edid , but getting this error at the e...
                            Technical SupportH/202024-01-17 18:54:39.733Z
                            Cron job for TinyPilot awake/sleep
                            Can you please share some info on setting a Cron job for TinyPilot awake/sleep Mon to Friday 7AM to 10 PM? I want the device to rest when not in use for its longer life. Also please help me with how to awake the device from sleep on demand apart, fro...
                              Technical SupportA2C/C12024-01-17 03:37:53.077Z
                              What does Enable Key History under "View" Tab?
                              What does Enable Key History under "View" Tab do? How does it help?
                                GeneralA2C/C32024-01-17 03:36:23.498Z
                                Simultaneous login's into TinyPilot Web?
                                Can you please let me know how many instances can one login into TP web view simultaneously? Is it possible to connect to TP Web view by 2 different people from different locations at a same time remotely?
                                  Technical SupportA2C/C32024-01-17 03:33:45.038Z
                                  Remotely Turn on the device?
                                  I just got my device. I tried shutting down my TP via GUI remotely. Is there a way to turn on the TP device back remotely? All cables(ethernet, HDMI, Power, USB C to USB A) are intact to TP.
                                    Technical SupportA2C/C32024-01-17 03:32:40.494Z
                                    Strange symptom with keyboard and mouse
                                    Tinypilot comes up fine and I can see the video with no problem. When I move the cursor or try to key something in, nothing happens (at least that's the way it looks). Cursor doesn't move, keys are not echoed. But, in reality the mouse movements and ...
                                      Technical SupportJC/C82024-01-17 03:28:23.732Z
                                      Flashing to 2.6
                                      How can you see that the insered SD-card is flashing the existing system? I flashed the SD-card based on your manual, insered the card, rebooted the device and waited for at least 20 minutes - but nothing happened. I would expect that i see a dhcp re...
                                        Technical SupportTT52024-01-16 14:09:44.246Z
                                        Controlling using Android phone or iPad
                                        I tried controlliing my TP web interface using my android phone on chrome browser, I was unable to move the mouse or press any key. There was no response to the touch. I also tried to switch the website to "Desktop Version" It dint work. Please help/...
                                          Technical SupportA2A2/22024-01-15 23:22:32.953Z
                                          Updating to 2.6.2 Results in "NO SIGNAL"
                                          Hi there! I ordered one of the original TinyPilot Hobbyist kits back in 2021. Up until today, it had been working perfectly, however, today I upgraded to 2.6.2 and while it came back up, I have been unable to get video to work since it came up. I fou...
                                            Technical SupportAC/C52024-01-15 01:54:38.491Z
                                            502 Bad Gateway
                                            Tried multiple reboots but still get this error. 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.18.0 Log attached: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/mICfAPMt
                                              Technical SupportDC/C12024-01-15 01:53:52.193Z
                                              Detecting Tinypilot KVM
                                              Hi, I am looking for softwares that can detect/scans the ports of the computer if a TinyPilot device is connected? Thanks, A
                                                Technical SupportA2C/C12024-01-15 01:52:08.552Z
                                                Fan is failing on an almost new voyager
                                                Hello, I bought a tiny pilot voyager 2a 20 days ago. I think I have it in possession for 10 days tops and the fan already started grinding and failing to spin. I have 2 questions: Is it safe to run it with the fan unplugged? What do I need to do to g...
                                                  Technical SupportCA32024-01-12 12:24:59.172Z
                                                  Voyager dead (even to pings) after upgrade attempt
                                                  Hi Support, I have an exact same problem as another member in the forum that asked for help. But since the resolution was resolved off this site. I will need to re-ask for help: I tried to upgrade my Voyager but now it's dead and doesn't even respond...
                                                    Technical SupportA/12024-01-12 12:12:30.531Z
                                                    Voyager dead (even to pings) after upgrade attempt
                                                    Hi ... I tried to upgrade my Voyager but now it's dead and doesn't even respond to pings. I'm happy to try and reflash the sdcard but it prompts me for my original purchase details since I think I might need a new subscription. Is there a location wh...
                                                      Technical SupportVAV/52024-01-12 02:09:51.624Z
                                                      TinyPilot Pro Update Issues
                                                      I'm trying to update the Tiny Pilot Pro to the latest version - 2.5,4 and I get errors every time I try to do it: The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.
                                                        Technical SupportP/32024-01-10 14:58:24.797Z
                                                        Trying to update but getting a disk full message
                                                        Trying to update from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 and getting the disk full message. Here is the df output If it is because the USB stick is only 4GB can I just copy the contents to a larger stick or do I have to use the utility to recreate the files? The documen...
                                                          Technical SupportJ/32024-01-10 12:16:13.466Z
                                                          Mobile keyboard support
                                                          I've been using a tiny for about a year and I think it's an amazing product. It has saved me a lot of time but one thing that really slows me down is using the keyboard of the tiny pilot instead of using the mobile native keyboard. Is it posible to u...
                                                            Technical SupportRC/C12024-01-08 21:03:49.326Z
                                                            Full disk encryption boot password
                                                            Is entering the disk encryption password at boot always a problem with TinyPilotKVM, or does it depend on specific laptop model/software? Raising this topic again to see if there have been any solutions. The problem was first reported in this post, b...
                                                              GeneralPC/C52024-01-02 13:14:53.138Z
                                                              Disable password complexity requirements
                                                              Hi there, We're using several TinyPilots on internal networks in my company and would like the option of very short and simple passwords. Is there any configuration file I can edit to disable password complexity requirements? I.e. allow shorter than ...
                                                                Technical SupportA/12023-12-29 12:21:40.961Z
                                                                Update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4, failed and broken the tinypilot service
                                                                Hi, somehow I was using 2.5.0 and was trying to do a quick update after quite sometime. However, upgrade from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 seems having some known bugs, and wasn't aware of it until I experienced it, and checked over here. Tried to import the key, ...
                                                                  Technical SupportN/32023-12-28 15:04:28.407Z
                                                                  TinyPilotKVM - Setup - New Purchase Help
                                                                  Hi, I am planning to purchase TinyPilotKVM device and I want to ensure it works with my setup(Please see attached image) and I want to make sure I have answers forehand to the following questions as well. If anyone has same setup and has gone through...
                                                                    Technical SupportA2C/C32023-12-28 03:27:36.903Z
                                                                    Tinypilot opens on one pc but not other
                                                                    So the Tinypilot url accessibility is very random and it won’t connect forever on a system that it used to work fine yesterday. Sometimes, I would be able to access the url on one machine and not on another one. How do I have the url access issues so...
                                                                      Technical SupportG142023-12-27 17:57:48.223Z
                                                                      HDMI video gets disconnected after some time
                                                                      Hi - I need some help urgently because of impending travel and I am trying to setup my computer with my tinypilot (Voyager 2) device. It works for a bit and then, when computer sleeps (I think), I don't get video anymore. It works again only after re...
                                                                        Technical SupportA/22023-12-27 11:37:34.327Z
                                                                        Unable to update from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2
                                                                        I am getting the log error below: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/SwY9FHom
                                                                          Technical SupportMC/C12023-12-22 23:19:58.397Z
                                                                          TinyPilot Voyager 2a Specifications
                                                                          Can someone share the detailed Specifications for the TinyPilot Voyager 2a? I cant seem to find on the product page.
                                                                            GeneralA2/12023-12-22 12:25:10.424Z
                                                                            Reduced TinyPilot support over the holidays
                                                                            Happy holidays from the TinyPilot team! Over the next few days, the TinyPilot team will be taking some well-earned time off - including the support team here on the forum. You're more than welcome to continue posting and asking questions, but respons...
                                                                              General02023-12-22 12:21:03.043Z
                                                                              TinyPilot is not detectable on network any more
                                                                              My Tinypilot suddenly stopped responding. I can no longer ping it on the network. I restarted it and then did the entire process to reset it using instructions from https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/factory-reset with tiny pilot-voyager-2.6.2-2023-11-09T1...
                                                                                Technical SupportJ2C/C42023-12-21 20:28:16.205Z
                                                                                Voyager 2a changing TLS/SSL listen port via SSH
                                                                                I'm trying to reach multiple TinyPilot Voyager2a through my firewall from the internet, so need to change the listen port on each device. I found an article that provides the script to set through SSH, however, the "update" command isn't found. "sett...
                                                                                  Technical SupportC2/82023-12-18 12:51:03.431Z